3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yukon Tracks blinds...Any good?  (Read 306 times)

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
Yukon Tracks blinds...Any good?
« on: February 18, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
My wife enjoys turkey hunting from a blind. She enjoys being out in the woods without having to sit completely rock solid. I also enjoy hunting from ground blinds.
I'm looking at getting a new Dark Horse from DB. However I've run across several post on Yukon tracks blinds. I guess I'm scared to buy one cause there so darn cheap in price, I figure something about it must be poor quality. Any opinions? Or are they just a great blind at a fair price? I wonder mostly about the quality of the fabric. If anyone has pics I'd love to see them. Thanks

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yukon Tracks blinds...Any good?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
I own one, for the money invested I think it's a worthwhile addition.  I originally bought mine because wife showed interest in joining me, and rather than invest in a DB right off the bat, the YT fit the bill.

Mine's the small one - if you have the choice go with the bigger one with the low cut windows in the corners.  

The fabric needs to be "dirtied" up a bit, but I've killed two deer out of it without issue.  

I'd love to get a DB one of these days, but for now my YT works just fine.
Support the sport!

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
I think this is way under-discussed; because I have been in blinds where I could not negotiate my longbow in them. I had a ameristep Stackhouse; I don't even know if they are still available; I will be in the market for a new one soon ( someone stole mine).

The ability to make shots; and to move to make shots is really important; and if people with 50 inch bows are saying a blind is 'just perfect'; it may not be so perfect- or even possible: for a longer bow.

I have seen some interesting blinds - but I just plain have to have a blind taller than my bow.

If your in a safe place; and nobody will steal it- don't worry about price.

Then too remember that money can buy you a name for way more than another name- with no difference in the product.

Lets let this thread flourish  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
I purchased a Yukon Tracks Elite blind this fall.  Main reason I purchased it was it is bigger than my DB's.  I'm 6'6 and shoot 64"-66" longbows.  Hunted out of it one time.  Had it completely staked and tied down.  Wind blew it over, broke a rod and the rod went through the material.  The material is similiar to plastic and apparently not very tough.  I was quite let down.  

I have two DB Matrix recurve blinds that I have had for a few years now.  They have also blown over several times.  Was always able to just put them back up without there being any damage.

I will be staying with Double Bull from now on.  

Hope I helped you out some.

Cade
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
Thats what I needed, thanks for the input.

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
I have hunted from the "cheaper" blinds and can honestly say that the DB's are worth every penny you pay for them.  The material alone is well worth the price.  The customer support has been great so far, and I haven't had a problem with it one time.  I actually really love hunting from my blind when i can .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©