3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blackhawk Longbow  (Read 319 times)

Offline ToxophilitePastor

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Blackhawk Longbow
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Has anyone owned a Blackhawk Longbow built by Jack Smith in IL. Would you recommend these bows?
He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together (Col. 1:17).

Moab - 64", 55@27"
Hill Cheetah - 66", 58@28"

Offline Ron Goodrum

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blackhawk Longbow
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
I've had a few. Craftmanship is as good as anything being built. The bow is a mild r/d in profile and shoots along the lines of a Robertson, 7 Lakes, etc. I don't think you would be disapointed with this bow. One note: Jack is no longer making them.
" I didn't do it. NOBODY saw me do it. YOU can't prove anything ".

Offline LarryS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
I have one and don't really care for it very much. Bought it about 10 yrs ago. It seems very unstable, and has way more hand shock than my Thunderstick 111 or the Mohawk I am waiting to get. Shot a friends, and fell in love with it. If you can , try a Mohawk. Vince is a really nice guy and makes a great bow thats smooth and fast.
L.C.SMEEN

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
what larry said talk to vince hes a great guy and will help you out with any info you need

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
i'll put a word in my blackhawk,got this bow on trade and pretty much wrote if off before i shot it.now that i have shot this bow i'll say that other than some handshock [not severe] this bow will shoot with any longbow i have shot,accuracy wise! not the fastest but it just puts an arrow where i look works for me and it has some really nice bacote veneers,best of luck Ralph

54@28"66" long
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline lucky strike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
I have a LH built by Smith-I don't know what hand shock the're talking about. The bow is stable ,smoothe on  the draw and feels good in the hand. Mine is a 64" 65#@28"and shoots in the mid 160 fps range if anyone is interested in it. Too much bow for me now at my age.
LS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©