3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips?  (Read 46558 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
I had a tip before and I have one on order right now! Cannot wait, this one has some extras like checkered grip and the FF option. "tips" TRULY shoot where you are looking no doubt.

Dave and Beth are awesome people, can't say enough about them or working with them.

You will not go wrong with a "tip"

Later

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
There is nothing I can add except that I have owned or shot all the big name bows and I sell or swap 5 to 10 bows a year but the four Silvertips stay. My bride had Dave make me a takedown longbows for my retirement that is not only a great shooter but one of the best looking bows I have ever seen. I let my hunting buddy shoot it and he now has five Silvertips and another on order. Tom
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
how do they handle heavy arrows?

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Craig; Thank you for posting pics of my latest Silvertip ! I shoot 62# w/ 650 gr. 2020's, I also shoot Mostly 4 vanes on an elevated rest.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
My tip is 53#@27" and I'm shooting Arrow Dynamic Trads that weigh 630gr with no problem.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
My Silvertip will digest anything from a 1916 on the light but safe side all the way to a 2018 and it really likes the easton axis 500 full length w/100grn brass inserts. My tip is 60" long and 52#'s at 28". They are by far the smoothest, most pointable curve I have ever handled. Hard hitting and very quiet. I have 2 and I am not stopping there. Good Luck
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
I shoot a wide range of wood shafts threw my #57 from 60# up to 85# spine,shafts I have had from different bows I really can't see any difference in the way they fly from light to heavy spine they have all flown great. I do not bare shaft test or shoot broadhead arrows out of all of them.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
Where's Scott Dillon ( Caracajou )?? He owns a few Silvertips.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Scott Dillon is a new man in 2007.  A one bow man (Schafer recurve) who promised not to be tempted by any other bows. He's currently in bow rehab and is expected out any day, I'm sure he'll check in soon!

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
:wavey:

WHEW!!!

Hi Sergio, and Hello Tim!!! Rehab was tough, but I made it thru!

Where do I start?? I have been shooting Silvertips, both longbows and recurves, for the past 12 years...I have owned a bunch of them, and still have some on hand.
Every time I pick the bows up, I marvel at the craftsmanship, the sleek, unobtrusive lines, the gorgeous woods...then, I go out doors and shoot the HECK out of them!
As for a true hunting bow, there is nothing that compares to a Silvertip recurve. They are quiet, and fast! Dacron or FF, it doesnt matter!
Now on to customer service;

Dave Windauer and his lovely wife Beth are top notch! They will build you a bow of your wildest dreams, the sky is the limit! Dave is blessed having beth to do most of the P.R. while he is building bows, that gal knows her stuff!
They stand behind there products 100%, and even years down the road when most bowyers warranties run out, they will still do their best to repair or replace if you have any problems with their bows.
Dave set out in life to become a World Class Bowyer, to craft a little bit of Paul's spirit into each and every bow he makes, and he has definitely obtained that status!

Sergio has some of the nicest looking Silvertips I have ever seen, and Tim just ordered another, I have another one coming TOMORROW!

1/4 Away (Fred) went on my reccomendations earlier this year, and now read HIS post above!

IT DONT GIT NO BETTER!     ;)
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
QUOTE::::"I have another one coming TOMORROW!"

Tomorrow.......Holly Cow Scott, sounds like your were bow swapping from you hospital room! A certified "BOW JUNKIE"!!!  Dude, you need to be medicated!

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
I have been trad hunting for about a year with an old( as if there were any other kind) Indian Archery recurve.I missed once at the end of the season last year and three times this year. I found this site and read all about  peoples Silvertips. I also remember the original articles about Paul Schafer in Bowhunter Magazine. One thing lad to another and I ordered one in Oct. Then I couldn't stand the wait and found one on ebay. I got it on Sat Dec. 2nd. I put a 2315 on the string moved the nock up some and it shoots bullets!!!  Wed. Dec 6th was the first chance I got to hunt with it. I hunted the same tree I had missed out of 3 weeks earlier. A doe came by and stood almost in the same place I missed and I hit her exactly where I was looking. She went about 40yds and piled up. Most of Y'all will probably think that was just coincidence or plain luck. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You won't ever convince me though. I love my Silvertip and can't wait for the next one  in Aug.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
Here's a photo of my son and I, along with our two Silvertips.

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Hey Tim, what are the woods on your Tip? Got any pics that show it better? I'm getting ready to order one and don't have a clue what woods I'm going with!
                  Guss

Offline longpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
I guess I have to wade in here as well- I can understand your quandry- I also own a Black Douglas- actually three of them- and I think that Sid builds a bow that has few rivals. I have played with a few good bows, but I would put my Silvertip second only to my BD. It is not quite as fast, but it does have something going for it that also stands out beyond all others. I find it to be equally forgiving, and exceedingly sweet to shoot. I would definitely vote for the Silvertip!

Offline Swanny in MD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Poor chuckies...they were just babies...how could you?   :)

Penetration is questionable.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
longpoint...is the speed difference great? which do you prefer to shoot? I've pretty much decided to go with the 'tip. I'll order it as soon as my dang lefty ACS sells. you'd think it'd go fast, but I'm having a little trouble getting rid of it.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
SERGIO, check your PMs

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
TTT

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
My FF Tip I received in october has action bamboo cores and kingwood veneers. I shoot gold tips and had to go with 75-95 spine to get it to bare shaft. It's 63@29 and very consitant!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©