3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips?  (Read 47626 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips?
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Craig; Nice work , those arrows look great! Really like the idea of the aluminum footing at the arrow tip.Really happy this is all working out for you! What kind of vanes did you use?
     You will love to shoot those arrows outof your'Tip,the sight window is radiused so vanes clear better.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
They are AAE Elite Vanes I think. Had some old ones. Also had some Bohning FletchTite ones that sucked. I figured the plastic got old because they shattered after the first shot with them. These are really flexible and I like em. They are 5" and I only cut maybe 1/2" off.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip Mike! I need some new vanes, my bohnings are old and getting a little stiff. Anyone know where I can buy them??

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
mike; Thank you for the info!

Marc: Congratulations!!! Life has just got better for you and it also will never be the same. After all the time, pain & effort, i hope you bought your wife a nice new Silvertip! LOL.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Congrats Bishop !! The only thing better than a Silvertip !!!!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
CONGRATS BISHOP!!! God bless you and your family (the new addition too)!
Mike, I can't imagine anything being more flexible than the AAE Elite vanes. I am gonna try the Marcos when I get thru with these though!! Let us know how they work!
Sergio, Beth mentioned you on the phone today, I was like "I know that guy!" lol Thanks for all your help with the vanes and bows and everything! you've been a huge help!

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »
I'm going to post a video of how I chop the vanes...

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2007, 01:53:00 AM »

Here's the vids...The first shows how I do it...At first I'm showing how flexible these vanes are. next, I have 3 marks on my surface, one at the end of the vane, one 1/2" from the back, one at the highest point on the vane. This way I don't lose any heighth and I need all I can get when shooting big Snuffers! That's why I decided to go 4fletch, better stabilization (I may need it with these low-profile vanes!) and they look cool   :)  , which is why I decided on shield cut (the only way ya can get a vane to look trad! thanks Sergio!) Anyway the 2nd and 3rd mark allow me to set the correct angle to chop. I rock my blade back and forth until I've cut through. The second vid will show the finished product. I show the arrow. I also wanted you guys to see my custom 'Arrow4Christ' wraps. These arrows should steer my 200grain Snuffers. Enjoy!
BTW, I talked to Beth and got the order finalized today...bow should be here in May! So pumped! This thread will resurrect (if the darn thing ever dies) when I get the 'tip. I'll post pics and a vid of me shooting it. Thanks for all you guys' help! GOD BLESS!
Craig

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
couple of things 1st congrats bishop hope evryone is fine!second arrow4christ you may be the only man alive that is more excited than iam about getting a silvertip.lol. third sergio ive ordered 2 strings from beth and dave is that what you use or do you change to something different? we need to keep this thread going only 210 more days approx!

Offline Brad Davis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
Congrats Bishop!

Keith on my Silvertip I use dacron only, not made for FF. When I got mine I ordered a few extra strings from Beth. Black/white dacron with clear serving was what I was sent. I love those strings. I then ordered a few more and they were a bit different. I think they may have been made by someone else. Black/white dacron with black serving and real heavy wax job on the loops. I cant tell any difference between the two other than the noise of the heavier waxed string sticks to the limb when I draw. I order strings from who makes my bow. Just easier for me that way and I like doing business with Dave and Beth. Love this thread!
Mommy, where does bacon come from??
Well, a pig sweetheart.
Well how does a pig lay bacon??
Cassie 5

Daddy, what season is it?
Well, winter season honey.
No! What "hunting" season is it!!
Cassie 8

Kids, ya gotta love'um!

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
yeah I'm pretty excited! so glad I started this thread...I expected maybe 6 or 7 posts at the beginning, now I've got almost 300! can't imagine starting this thread then deciding AGAINST a 'tip.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
I agree.  I have been really enjoying this one.
I feel I am at a point that I'd like to treat myself to a real nice bow.  I deserve it.

I love the feedback on the DAS bow's, but the Silvertip has me loving the beauty, and the "mystique" of Schafer in one package.
(and clearly, the Silvertip is a shooter, also)

Both are obviously world class.  Maybe I should buy both? (well, that will never happen)

Anyone else haveing that struggle?

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
This is a very cool thread but making it even worse on me as I am saving for my downpayment on one as we speak. And everytime I read it I get some sort of new idea or a feature I never even thought about. Heres my main one. What kind of grips do you guys get any pics of the difference between low medium and high.etc.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Rich, the DAS was one of the bows I was considering (you'll have to get a Dalaa if you want one, David is no longer taking orders), but for me, I don't think the metal riser would be right. I'd love to shoot one, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the metal.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Arrow, exactly right.  I'd love to shoot both.
Honestly, though, with bows like this, how can you go wrong?!

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
Just learnin ordered mine with a high grip.and id like see somme pics of that also.rich, i struggled for a year on what bow to get and i looked at everything .funny,ive never really had a heroe type person in my life but after reading the tributes to paul schafer im pretty close .i then started looking at the tips and it pretty much made up my mind.ive never shot one before(which is scary to me)then you find a thread like this and it puts my mind at ease.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
well said, Keith.
I'm beyond the hero worship stuff, myself, but reading about Schafer sure makes me wish I knew him.
Naturally, all of us would like to know your thoughts on the bow, when you get it!
Best wishes,
Rich

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Hi Keith;
        I get my fastflite strings fron james Vanover in Fenton Michigan Phone #810 629 8763, I'm real fussy on the number of twists per inch and my upper and lower loop sizes! James has been  very accomodating to me. For my none fastlite 'Tips ,I make my own strings, with the same material (white linen) that Jack Howard made his strings from, I call them " Silent Flite " ).

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Thanks guys mom and Emily are doing fine! It's been a while since I've done dirty diapers(our son is 17) but you don't forget!

Beth saw saw this thread and emailed me thier congrats!

My Silvertip experience was about the same as SteveO's. From the first day I shot it more consistantly than anything I have ever shot and I've had a bunch. Silvertips just feel right to me. This thread has me wanting another one but I have no idea what I would order! I am going to play with a rest and vanes.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Sergio,

It is a very small world.  I am a good friend of James Vanover!  I have thoughts of taking over his string business when he "retires".  James also makes a VERY sweet 3pc. longbow, the JVOutback.  Only friends or folks who come over and have James fit the bow to them have a JVO.  

I have a beauty JVO in all Osage  :goldtooth:  .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©