3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips?  (Read 46557 times)

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
arrow4christ, i don't have any hard #'s but if there is a speed difference between the two it would be minimal and probably only noticeable w/ a chrono. tips are performers

Offline nel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Sergio

We have never met, but I've hald one of your Sivertips in may hands, and I hold you partly responsible for me shooting a Predator!

A number of years ago, when I was looking at what kind of recurve I was going to move to, a buddy from work, a Mr. John Robb talked of the bows his brother and a Mr. Sergio Venneri were particularly fond of (a bow I'd never heard of) the Pittsley Predator.

Somewhere around the same time he had picked up a Silvertip for you that had the limbs done in some kind of african predator camo, tiger or something. A beautiful bow.

To make a long story short, after shooting lotsa bows (no Sivertips however), some a lot more expensive than the Predator (but not correspondingly better), I have and hunt only one bow, a Predator.

Thank you!

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
A4C, According to Dave the FF is about 8 fps faster than the dacron.  Fred
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline albertakid

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
I had to cancel an order for one due to an earthquake and a well going dry, but by far the best wood risered bow I have ever shot and I wouldn't think twice about ordering one again someday.

Jordan
"One shot one kill"

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
I build and shoot longbows mostly now. But with that being said, my back up is a tip. They are an awesome bow and as mentioned elsewhere the customer service is second to none. Dave and Beth are great people.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Hey Neil;
        So you're the one that tried to steal my Silvertip Back then! LOL. John told me all about you. Glad to hear that you are shooting traditional! Those Predators are great shooting bows, I own a couple of them also, Ron is another top notch Bowyer. I still have that Zebra Silvertip, that was a 62" model, i was shooting that one with 65# black glass limbs Moose hunting this past Fall. Dead on out to 60 yds.
      Give my regards to John.
             Sergio

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
look what a tip does to you...I was looking at Tim Golder's silvertips and never even seen the chucks only to read someone else's post and had to go back an look again..can't keep my eye off of them...

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
this has been the most informative thread on a particular bow i've ever seen! Thanks for the input guys! I'm ordering a Silvertip!

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
They say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..", but even a blind man could appreciate a Silvertip!

(I know I haven't met one yet I didn't like!)   :D      

Here's mine:

Paul Schafer will always be an unknowing mentor to me, and a Silvertip will always be in my rack.

My thanks to Dave & Beth for keeping this great name and bow alive.   :clapper:  

>>--Ron--<>
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Great looking Bow there Ron! Dave always does awesome work.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Here is my bocote Silvertip. It shhots great!

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
Here's a favorite picture of a Slivertip I owned and sold to Scott Dillon.  All my hunting buddies called it "The Cannon"

A little too fast for my liking.  But a great bow.  This blood trail was from my first deer taken in Oct. of '05.

Jeff
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
Bishop,

If a pic is worth a thousand words, Yours is an exception! "DAMN!" just about says it all.      :thumbsup:   There's one beautiful bow and some good shooting!

(Most of us don't match our broadheads to the size of the HEADS our quarry, though!! You must be a shed hunter, and really hate them Tree Rats!)  

:biglaugh:  

>>--Ron--<>
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
Hi Jeff;
       Just curious as to why you wouldn't just use a heavier arrow with your Silvertip to slow it down instead of selling it. I also find them extremely fast, so i use a heavy arrow , which gives me great momentum and penetration??
       Sergio

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Thanks Ron. I had a good 12 yard shot and took it. I have shot 2 deer with that bow with 160 grain Snuffers and had pass thrus on both. Awsome bows!

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
Awesome bows...And HEADS!!  Snuffers are serious slicers! :thumbsup:  

>>--Ron--<>
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
I'm just curius as to how many Silvertip shooters also use Snuffers?? Seems like a natural combo to me.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Manny;
     i'll be in Ottawa the last week of February, taking my wife to a Josh Groban Concert.Email me your phone # so that I can contact you.

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
Anyone know Ken Grosslight?  He's the guy on the Schafer Silvertip web site who killed the Jaguar?  I'm curious when and where that was done, I thought they were protected, I guess not in all countries.

Offline Gottabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
I guess I'll chime in here.  This past fall while looking for a L.H. Tip I was sent a link from 1/4away and found a L.H.der used.  It turned out to be one of the originals that Paul had made..62" and 57#@28".  After tuning and practicing for about four days I took it hunting.  Now I have alway shot shorter bow so I had my doughts about it being a good treestand bow but soon found the lenth to be uncumbersome and very smooth to draw.  The second day of hunting with this bow I took a Buck with it.  The first arrow right behind the front shoulders and out the other side..the Deer switched ends and stood there long enough to get another arrow off and that one went in right in front of the Hindquarts and busted two ribs on the off side as we was turning to leave.  Needless to say he didn't go very far.  I am very impressed with this bow and will keep it.  I have a second set of limbs on order for it and will be taking it to Canada for Bear next fall...awesome bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©