3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips?  (Read 47262 times)

Offline longpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips?
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
A4C,
In response to the speed comparison- I have never shot the bows using a chrono, so this is my subjective opinion. However, I would think most would concur. The BD flings an arrow with a savage youthful exuberance, whereas the Silvertip shows an elegant quiet confidence that delivers with authority. I doubt that the difference in speed would make any real world difference, unless one were taking one of those shots at the limit of their range. Properly sized for its intended use- they would both deliver.
Here's an image of the two for a bit of eye indulgence. Also put my Border Reiver in between these two lovlies...............

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
My bow will be a 62" 63#@29" (I draw 29.5" though) lefty 3piece takedown FF Silvertip with grip checkering. The limbs are Actionwood on the face with dymondwood wedges and the riser is also dymondwood. I was lucky to have talked to Beth when I did, I needed the bow in 4 or so months and the wait time is 9-10. I asked about stock limbs and they had some in the right poundage range(PRAISE GOD!). The bow will be here in about 4 months. I'm pumped up to say the least! God bless all you guys for all the help! This is one awesome thread, and the best bow thread ever! What was a tough decision became easy after this thread.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Beth is great gal aint she! Which dymondwood did you go with? My FFTip is 63@29 and I'm shooting a 75-95 GT in it.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
she's awesome! it's walnut dymondwood. that's what the stock limbs had on the wedges, so that's what she suggested for a riser. the limbs were exactly what I wanted! no fancy woods, right poundage, everything! I wanted my bow to be a good, solid hunting bow that had all the performance enhancing options without many cosmetic ones, which is what I got. Pretty woods are great, but to my eye, the prettiest bow is one that looks like a tough hunting bow. that's what this will be.

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
My next one will be with the camo limbs.  I know they are not necessary, but nothing speaks Silvertip to me than the camo limbs.  I first was exposed to them in Bowhunting October Whitetails when Barry Wensel shot a Silvertip with the camo limbs.  I then called Paul about a bow, but didn't have the money them, with two growing boys.  I regret that now!

Dave makes a great bow, and now that I already ahve one, the 10 month wait won't be so bad.(yeah, right!)

I know it's a cliche, but they really do shoot where you point them.  I'm shooting 58#at 27", and am shooting Beman Max 4's with 145 grain magnus 2 blades, and my tip just smokes the arrow out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Bigviv/IMG_3469.jpg

Lee

Lee

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
camo is a good option Lee. they really do look good on Silvertips. with the stock limbs, this is what I got though, which is probably what I would've chosen anyway. the Silvertip is the only bow I can think of on which I really like the camo.

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
I know what you mean!  My first Silvertip, they had the limbs in my draw weight and length already, so I just got the riser that went along with the limbs, and cut my wait down to 4 months.
Now that I have one, my next one is gonna be the camo limbs.  Not necessary, but cool looking!

It's probably jsut me, but when I picture a Silvertip, the camo limbs just pop into my mind.
It's almost like a signature look for Silvertips in my mind.

Does anyone have the checkered grip option, and do you consider it worth having?  Just a question.

Lee

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
Lee,

I had a Blacktail with a checkered grip...did not like it, the checkering was so big it was non functional IMO.  I got the checkering on my 'tip; it is like a fine doulble...well worth it.

I do not like the camo limbs though; they are classic Silvertip, but I like the fancy wood better  ;)  

I'm going to get more of them someday.  When I draw my MT Bighorn Sheep tag, I'm going to have Dave build a SPECIAL one  :pray:

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
Steve,

Good luck on the sheep tag!  Of course pics of the sheep and 'Tip will be required!  I know in emails with Beth, Dave drew a goat tag, and got one.  She wasn't sure if he took pics.  If anyone know, please tell me!

I guess we are all a little prejudiced about or Silvertips, but this is a great thread, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Lee

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Just an added question for all you Silvertip shooters.  When you are out with your bow hunting or shooting, do you all feel a little bit of Paul with you on the hunt?  I get that feeling alot in the woods.  Even though Dave made mine, I feel that connection whenever I use it!  Not trying to get eerie or anything, jsut wondering?

Lee

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I went with the checkering...hope I like it.

Offline wapati

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
I'm supposed to get my first tip this week.  It's about 6 months old.  I can't wait to shoot it.  Hopefully I will get it Monday.
93 elburg cheetah  55@28

06 shaefer silvertip 66@28

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
Lee,

Yep, I hope that is the case.  I feel like he is from "my" generation.  The old duffers are great, but it is nice to have a non-senior citizen who has "done-it-all".  Before I ordered my Silvertip in 2005, I went out to Montana.  I started in the Great Falls airport where some of Paul's trophies are diplayed and made a BIG circle, sightseeing and shooting bows the whole way.  I posted a thread here on TradGang with pics, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Steve O......

That would be neat if you could drum up some of those pictures.

Where do you live also. I am in New Hudson......

Tim ;-)

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
The checkering on the Tip feels good, I would recommend it. Steve O, I'm with you, I like that pretty wood! I'm shooting a Tip I got off of here, it shoots great, but I'm thinking about ordering a new one. It will be my first custom order, not sure exactly what I want, but it helps to see what others have ordered. To me, the history of the bows and the story's about Paul add alot to the bow. Guss

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
Tim--near Flint

Here is a pic of the checkering on my bow:

Camphor Burl Limbs:

And the quiver EVERY Silvertip should have  ;)  :

I have searched the old threads for my trip photos--I am going to have to dig DEEP here to find them...

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
where'd ya get that quiver Steve? I love grizzlies and it's my dream to hunt em someday.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Thunderhorn, it is an extra $10, they have a few animals to choose from.

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Lee,

Here's a pic of my Silvertip w/ it's Camo limbs on and checkered grip on stand and ready for action. The checkering is OUTSTANDING and I highly recommend it.   :thumbsup:  

>>--Ron--<>
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
Unbelieveable, but I found my pics from the airport:

Some of Paul's sheep:

That is a BIG elk and moose:

The rest:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement