3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silvertips?  (Read 47264 times)

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silvertips?
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Steve-O~
Great pics! been there too, its a great tribute to Paul...

For those Lefty's out there, I have a close Bud, who might be selling an Original Schafer Silvertip w/3 sets of limbs and a Silvertip longbow; PM me for details.....
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
They are great bows. I test drove one a while back, it was fast and stable. It was the FF model, 60" long. Pulled very smooth out to my 30" draw. You'll be happy with it....Mike

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
Here's a few close up photos of my bow and my son's. I don't have any real nice photos but I'll get back with some as soon as it stops raining.  Both of these bows are ff Schafers so the risers are dymondwood...these are both Dave's walnut dymondwood. I'm a huge fan of his ff bows, they have such a great feel after the shot. No vibration, extremely quiet and shoot a heavy arrow very well.  

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Tim, what wood shows through on the face of your bow? I got the walnut dymondwood riser as well. Does the accent stripe through the middle of the riser come standard, or is that an extra option. THANKS!

Offline Double Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
I found them to be decent bows....  Not worth the new price tag, but they were ok.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
Craig,

My whole bow is pretty much a plain jane. The riser has no upgrades, except it's a ff model. The limbs are real plain...just Dave's standard limbs with antler tips. I do have antler knobs which spruces the bow up a bit.

I do have a second set of limbs that have russian olive veneers. I'll take a photo of them for you. They are drop dead gorgeous and have kudo tips. That may be something you want to consider. The russian olive limbs give my bow a totally different look. I use them alot in the summer at shoots.

My son's bow has the brown camo limbs with antler tips. Again, I'll get some good photos of both bows.  
Tim

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
At $670 starting price that aint too bad!

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
I agree with Bishop , the pricing on a Silvertip is about a 3rd less than another popular custom Bow, and it was'nt designed by the worlds best Bowhunter ever (IMHO).

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
i agrre w/ bishop and sergio!!  the schafers are very reasonably priced for a high end custom bow. i got all the options on mine and it was still less than other top bows w/ less extra's

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
Tim, I won't have that option. I got stock limbs. I would like to see pics of your fancy and standard ones though if ya got em! love to see what mine will look like! does anybody shoot one with the elevated rest Dave offers as an option with his bows?

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Craig; i shoot all my Silvertips with an elevated rest and I use 4-41/2" shield cut vanes on most of my arrows. I use the golden eagle hard rubber rests, of which i cut off the bottom 1/3 of the finger for more flexibilty. String nock is 5/8" above 90 and I get perfect arrow fite with this combo. Will try to email you pics of my set up tomorrow.

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Maxwell(Bill) in the duplicate posts above, has a few Lefty Silvertips for sale...contact him thru his Email, or PM him if you are interested....
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
Sergio, if you email them to me I'll post them here. Jsut wanted to comment on the Windauers. They're some of the nicest, most helpful people with the best customer service I've ever dealt with! Emails are responded to lightning fast! I gave them a phone number (I wanted to talk to Dave about some options) and said Dave could call any time. I didn't know he would call the SAME INSTANT she got the message! LOL He was very helpful and helped me decide on an elevated rest. Awesome people! SERGIO, where do you get shield cut vanes?

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
Also gave me some chrono numbers. FF model, 60#@28" 540 grain arrow, 195fps. Blazing!

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Mine all Bocote,antler knobs, checkered grip etc is coming in about 1050.00 but worth it
DonD

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
The chrono numbers on my 62" dacron bow are: 59@29 580 grain arrow 182FPS and dead quite. I haven't shot the FF bow through the chrono.
Here are a couple of the FF pics Rosewood Diamond Wood riser and Kingwood actionboo core limbs

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
Hi Keith;
       i changed from shooting off the shelf in 1984, the first time I met Schafe. After shooting with him . I kept right up with him up to 30 yds, we were both shooting tight groups, after that i was embarassed! at 60yds-80yds, it was absolutely no contest.Anyway he extolled the benefits of having the arrow off the shelf. You see once you get out past your point on range, the target area gets so small and you bow hand is so high that it actually covers the small spot on the animal (target) that you are supposed to concentrate on.
  Put the arrow above the shelf and now you can see the target between the arrow and the shelf.Voila !  perfect sight picture! I put one that Paul gave me on my Bow and my shooting improved immediately.The other benefit is of course the ability to shoot vanes , the great things about them is that they are quiet in flite,quiet stalking if they should rub on something, and of course absolutely warerproof.I use 4-41/2 in shield cut vanes, that i make by putting a 5" parabolic vane in my sheild cut little chopper and cutting a 1/2 in off the back end. They shoot great.
    If Craig wants to post them ,i've got 4 pics of Shafe shooting in sequence that i can email him.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
Send em to me Sergio, I'll post em ASAP. What type of vanes do you buy? Can't seem to find any 5 inchers.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Marc;
    Thats a gorgeous looking Silvertip!!!

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
Thanks Sergio,
I remember some of the pics of yours you emailed me last year! I didn't hunt the FF this past season even though I received it late October. With 4 more pounds actionboo and FF it shoots much flatter than what I was used to. I got the fox squirrel on my last hunt of the year with the Dacron bocote bow. I'm waiting on my little girl to be born and it ended my season a bit early. No she's late but hopefully she will be her by weeks end!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©