3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: turkey blinds  (Read 623 times)

Offline Shaky

• Trad Bowhunter
turkey blinds
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Since turkey season is coming, I was wondering what blinds everyone is using. What dimensions are best for a trad bow? Pop-up or other style? do you even use a blind?
The history of the Bow and Arrow is the history of Mankind.

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: turkey blinds
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
I do not currently own a blind although I am going to purchase the Double Bull Darkhorse. I know guys that have them and swear by them.
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
I have a Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite,,,and love it!!!
I have pics of it here,    http://www.hoosierhunting.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/4166.html
and bought it here,
    http://www.marinegeneralcatalog.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2133

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
I have a Double Bull Darkhorse. I am 6'4" and it is awesome!!
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
The double bulls are awsome.  If I was going to by a ground blind I would by one that you can shoot 360 degrees.  I have a buddy who has one of the double bull knock offs and it worked great for a little while but one of the sticks in the hub broke, he still uses it.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
check out the Yukon,,,360 shootability for Half the price of Double Bull  ;)

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
There's nothing wrong with blinds.We live in the USA you have that chouse.Lots of times turkeys don't come the way there surpose to.You have to move. And it you have to you can't be carrying a blind around.Not to trad.either.Two ways to turkeyvs hunt with a bow.Decoys will get them close and will give you a way to draw your bow.Good camo,head to foot soles.Learn to shoot from a setting on the ground or stool alot.I've used a home made ghillie suit in 1980.And have had lots of gobblers unded 15 yards.If told you how many bobblers I've kill in my ghillie you'd call me a lairer.Anyway people say blinds are nice in the rain.
  If I was you I'd get a blind and a ghillie start out in a blind and if you have to move you can do.As time go's on you will find the best way for you.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
I am using a DB dark horse,DB T2, and GroundMax blinds right now. I hunted out of blinds alot this fall and had deer,turkey, and hogs within 10 feet of the blind several times. I enjoy a blind as I can bring a friend to sit in there with me and nothing ever sees you draw. Plus there's something about being a few feet away from game on the ground that is just cool.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Here's a blind that you can quickly move to where you need to be. Click on the Demo movie link....and it's made in the USA.
  http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Mohawkbows

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
What kind of material is that Yukon made of?

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
I love my double bull I have tried some of the cheaper blinds and feel that the double bull will end up being cheaper in the end because they last longer. Inside the room is awesome we have had 2 people 2 bows and a camera inside with plenty of room. Also they are very easy to take down and set up and not as hard as everyone seems to think to move around.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
Summit had a new blind set up at the Harrisburgh show this year. Looked to be well built of quality materials. I think they were around 250.00

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
i have one of the ground max delux blinds from bps--i now see that primos has those too.  it is very large.  the only trouble i had was getting ready to draw a full lenght 55/75 in front of a window.  it can be done, but now i shoot a 35/55 so i should be set.  they are a nice cheap bling imo.  i like it and would like to have another.  i caught it on sale for $100 at bps in tn.

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
I have the older Pro-Staffer blind by Doublebull. It stands 68" tall or 5 feet 8 inches. I shot my 60" Hornes takedown out of it and my upper limb tip hit the roof on a couple shots.I now shoot a 54" RER bow out of it with no problem. I would go with a 58" bow or shorter out of a doublebull. Doublebull also makes a recurve model which is 4" taller. The new doublebull dark horse hybred sounds like an awesome blind.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
Yukon Tracks and love it
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
I have a DB Matrix "Recurve" and after a couple of times you can get it up in a hurry.  I pack mine around on a Badlands 2200 pack and love it.

I hunted this fall for deer in the cornfields:

It doesn't take much work to brush them in but I'm glad the turkeys don’t mind them in the open.

Had a friend set his up in the middle of a dirt field and had a bird come in from behind...it literally strutted and brushed his blind as it came by.  That's close!

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
Ground Max Predator here.  

Works great but I have a feeling that after a couple seasons I'm going to wish I had spent the extra $$$ on a Double Bull.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
if i am not bad wrong, the yukon tracks looks very similar to the excape deluxe ground blind that i have.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
the Yukon

Offline The Baron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
Primos Ground Max.   :thumbsup:    They are a full 77" square and 70" tall and 1/2 the price of a Double Bull.  You will need all that room to manoeuvre any longbow around.
You can't be a leader of you don't know where you're going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©