3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got myself a Hill Bow  (Read 538 times)

Offline Stringdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Got myself a Hill Bow
« on: February 22, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
Well, after a lot of thinking, I finaly bought a Howard Hill Bow. It is the Cougar 66" 45#@28"  After reading all the threads about the terrible hanshock they had, I never took a chance on one till now, and I'm glad I did.

The bow shoots like a dream, without the handshock I've so often read about.  I have PICS and would like to post them, but I just can't get on photobucket anymore for some reason.  

I now know why so many people love the Hill bows.

Mike
" FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW "

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got myself a Hill Bow
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
Good for you! I don't sense the handshock either. Happy shooting and hunting to you!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:     :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline pointystick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Congrats!  I don't notice anything upon shooting my Hills other than a very slight buzz in the hand, nothing remotely bothersome or painful though.  Now, the time I had a loose nock come off the string and cause me to accidentally dry fire my Wesley was another story.   :eek:    :D   They're sweet shooting bows, and among the most graceful looking style around (which is subjective, of course, but to ME they are).    :cool:

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
Welcome to the club, I love both of mine. Best part about them is they don't mind being handled tough. Grip it hard, crank it it back to anchor, and watch'em fly. Can't do that with my recurves.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
Welcome! Better go ahead and start saving your money cause you can't own only one!

Ken
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline Stringdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Thanks,  I feel like part of the gang now.  :wavey:    :campfire:
" FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW "

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Handshock has never been a problem for me, either. I have been shooting my Wesley Special Hill bow for several years now. The only problem is that SpankyNeal is right - I can't settle for owning only one, but I can't afford another at this time. In several years you will still be as glad that you bought it as you are now. What shoots do you attend? Would like to meet you and admire your new bow firsthand.
Sam

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Yup... when you go to Heaven, everyone shoots a Howard Hill! I love mine! Never had any problems with handshock, grip or anything else either.All the best with yours! They are great bows!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Just gotta love a Hill  bow. My 2 HIll style bows are the smoothest, best shooting bows I've ever had. Enjoy.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
The quintessential longbow in my opinion. These little short hybrids are just that hybrids! Great shooters some of them but when I think LONGBOW I think first of the Howard Hills! Classics! Congratulations!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
Can only add my congrats to the list...   Cougar is a nice Hill.   Don't be too quick to debunk that hand shock story, though.   Keeping it going lets some of us keep finding bargains!
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Renaissance Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
Dick, Shhhh

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©