3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Snake skin warning  (Read 963 times)

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Snake skin warning
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
This is a warning to all members looking to buy a snakeskin.  After all the beautiful picts of skinned bows I recently ordered a skin to cover my bow limbs with. I ordered a Texas Rat Snake skin from Paul at The American Headhunter.  He was helpful via emails.  I sent the check and the skin never came.  After several emails he sent me the tracking number.  I tracked it and it had made it to the distribution center in Scarborough, and then disappeared.  I have been trying to get the Post Office info to find it but no luck.  Paul's stance is he did his job by putting it in the mail.  He offered to let me buy another one in the spring for ten dollars off, plus shipping.  
   I feel ripped off and want to make sure that any other members of Trad Gang that might be looking for skins should be aware of The American Headhunters business policy.  Now I also have a small business that relies on the postal service.  I don't insure my packages because they are good.  If they did lose a package I would make another knife for the client, with apologies for the inconvenience.  I don't insure because over the long run it is still cheaper to replace a lost package than to pay to insure each one.  However The American Headhunter just believes that if he gets the package to the post office he has earned his money.  Good thing I didn't order the more expensive copperhead skins.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Snake skin warning
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
You never received you product so they still owe you one.  The issue with USPS or whoever he used is his issue to take up with them.  Unless they have a disclaimer posted you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline osiristheclown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
Disclaimer or not, they owe you. I sent you a PM about FTC regulations. Good luck.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
I'm with bear heart on this one.  His job is to get you a product, not put it in the mail and hope for the best.  His job is not done until you receive the product period.  It would be different if you were the one that lost the package.

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
For a dollor or so why not insure it.Exspect'ly a knife.Have them add it to the postage.By law all they have to do is put it in the mail.It's not good business but thats the way it is.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
Well I won't deal with them for sure.  I've had only one bowblank lost by the USPS and am rebuilding it for the customer now.  It was insured and I will recoup my investment.

I insure everything over $50.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
The guy should make it right with you and deal with the post office himself. You have not purchased a product until you've received it.  He has not done his job.  If you paid with a credit card or your check card, call your card service and cancel the order or stop payment through your bank.  You have proof through the tracking you did not receive what you paid for.  In fact, since you never saw the package, you don't even know if he actually sent anything in the box at all.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
I would say he owes you one.However I'am with wingnut I insure everything over 50.00...bd

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Did you pay by credit card? If so, cancel payment to him, write the required letter to visa/mc and stand firm.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
Bear Heart is absolutely right; unless you instructed him to ship a particular way, he chose the shipping method and any loss should be his not yours.  

Realistically there's not much you can do unless he decides to step up and be honorable, but you might consider notifying his local Better Business Bureau as an additional way to get the word out.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
I also insure everything I send out.  I have been using the US postal service for years and have had zero problems.  I will keep insuring the bows I send out even tho there has been no problems.  For the few $ it cost it is worth the peace of mind.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
That is why I psoted.  Not so much to get anything out of it, though I appreciate the PM and will contact the Federal Trade Commission, but because I feel that he gets a portion of his business from members of this board, and they should be aware of his commitment to his client, which is zero.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Tell you this.. If he doesn't make it right with you, he won't ever see a nickel of my business.... Thanks for letting all know...
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
I don't get it.  It isn't his fault nor is it yours.  Sometimes junk happens.  Why don't you ask him to pay for new ones at 40/60 cost?  You at 40 him at 60.  That way you both are out the same amount of money for someone else's error?  I am assuming he had a mark up on the first one so he should make up for any profit he made.

Should be fair all the way around.  If he doesn't want to do this then he does have a problem.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Offline Milhouse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
The bottom line is:  The SHIPPER is responsible to get the package to YOU.  I get a kick out of ****ers who try to make the buyer pay for insurance.  Who gets paid on insurance by the USPS if a claim is filed?  The SHIPPER, that's who.

As a side note, do they EVER answer the phone at American Headhunter?  I was looking for cottonmouth skins for a bow I'm having made, and made approximately 15 phone calls, at all different times of the day, different days of the week, and NEVER got anyone to answer the phone.  I finally said the he!! with it and ordered western diamondback skins from Pine Hollow longbows.  Anyone else have a source for some nice cottonmouth skins?
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
I disagree With ya Bill Tell. Bearheart hit the nail on the head. What if it had been a bow? Would you want to pay again for something you never recieved? I wouldn't

Thanks for the heads up, I won't be doing buisness with him, that's for sure.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
took a look at the website and found this at the bottom of the pages

URL:  http://www.americanheadhunters.com/mammals.html
Last Updated: Monday October 1, 2007
© 2000-2007, The American Headhunter.
StoneJungle Web Design

Seems he doesn't update his website very often. To me that's a big red flag
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
It just makes sense for a seller to make good on a sale. My customers are a lot more important to me than one package. If I have a big order, I insure it at my cost. As said above, if there is a claim, I would send out a new shippment. Then I look for the insurance to pay me.

Only had one package get lost so far in two years, but I shipped off a replacement as soon as I knew about it. Wasn't a big order or insured. Seemed like an obvious thing to do.

Jim
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up...shame though, I am in the market for some copperheads or texas rats

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
It has been said that if you do a great job people will talk about it if asked...if you do a bad job they will bring it up any chance they get.

When I waited tables if something went wrong our managers bought the whole meal or parts depending on what happened.

Some figures out there say if you’re wronged you tell around 5 people or more...with the Internet it is exponential.

If you’re a business owner you should always remember this.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©