3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aboyer broadheads  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Aboyer broadheads
« on: February 22, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
I got a few  single bevel broadheads from A&H the other day.
These have the nicest grind imaginable, very sharp right out of the package. Perfect round, machined ferels. The steel takes a keen edge, I'm talking hair popping sharp !!
Excellent quailty broadheads for anyone wanting to get into single bevel heads. They have several different styles to choose from too.
Can't wait to hunt them..

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aboyer broadheads
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
I got mine too....best I have seen and ground to the proper angle. Looking forward to killing something!

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I have made up my mind ti use them on an upcoming hunt just not sure which style yet , I haven't heard anything but good things about them , best they come in left-bevel for leftwing fletched shafts , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
I'm a fan for sure, shot a few deer with them this year and they preformed great, you can put a scary sharp edge on them
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
i got 6 x 135 gr grain myself.  I mounted them on some POC's.  I put them on my BH run out guide.  Man they mount accurately.  I got them to zero run out easier than any i have mounted before.  I spent a little time make sure the shafts were straight.  

I shot them at 30 yds from a 45# target bow at 30 yds field face.  fly like they were on a wired.

rusty

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
Boone, what kind did you use? Are you hunting those little Zone 2 deer or those Giant Zone 3 deer?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline elknut1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
I have the 135 grn, they fly great but I haven't hunted with them!! 2 blades & me just don't mix well. (big grin)!!!

ElkNut1

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I am using the 135gr Abowyer boneheads with 75gr steel adapters they are top notch broadheads. The broadhead in the picture had killed two wild hogs this year and a few evenings ago I sent it into a third hog and thought I had lost the arrow/broadhead this time around. The hog took off with arrow sticking out both sides and broke the broadhead side off which I didn't find that evening. Today while hikeing down the same trail I looked down and there it was! This must be my lucky broadhead I need to save this one till turkey season opens is April.  

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Has anyone tried the 175 gr. BROWN BEAR Aboyer head? It looks like a reasonably priced,lighter, alternative to the Ashby 315 gr head. The profile should penetrate like crazy.
Also, has anyone destroyed any Aboyer broadheads on heavy bone impacts?

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
I was going to order some of the Brown Bear model heads myself they look like they would penetrate a Rhino. I am shooting under 50lbs at 27" draw and the bonehead model/carbon arrow has been blowing through wild pigs no issues and has alittle bigger cut so I deside to stick with them for now. I hit the far side shoulder on one hog and the broadhead showed no damage but the shoulder did.  :thumbsup:

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Are these better heads than the Grizzly? I have been using the 160 Grizzly's and really like them.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
The 160 Grizzly is a classic. In my mind the advantages are the Aboyer is ground to the correct angle to begin with, and comes scary sharp out of the package.
I got a dozen of the Brown bears for Hogs and hopefully we'll get drawn for an an Elk hunt in the fall.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
Thanks, Bjorn. The Brown Bear is the one I had my eye on as well. The Grizz 160 couldn't have performed any better on my elk last year. We are fortunate to have so many fine heads to choose from.

Offline Buckhorn47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
An Abowyer fan here, too. Just bought the 135 grain bonehead, tuned up all cutting edges but as stated real sharp. Although I have been a Grizzly fan and will continue to be so, these Boneheads sharpen easier and the Tanto point is already there.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
$40 bucks for 3 Abowyer heads is a  bargain  no matter what other broadhead you might compare them to!  :thumbsup:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Another quailty the Aboyer heads have, they are NOT laminated like many other heads. Now most of the laminated heads have performed admirably over the years, surely the single blade head of the Aboyer eliminates a weak point..

Like Ron, I think the Aboyers are the best bargin out there in single edge broadheads. The quailty is second to none and the price is attractive compared to the others..

Offline Steve B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
Pat,
What are your thoughts on their Trade points?

sb

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
I just purchased (2) packs of the 135gr. Boneheads and they arrived last Friday.  They are high quality and so far, worth the money in my opinion...plus, they are made in Michigan!  :)   I'm anxious to use them this season on numerous species.
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline allan f

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
The life time warranty on these does it cover  hitting rocks and bending the blades?

Allan

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
Are they 125gr or 135gr?  are they that easy to touch up and make scary sharp?? and what is the best way--lansky, kme, etc...???? thanks for the input.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©