3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee vs. Palmer  (Read 2927 times)

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee vs. Palmer
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:27:00 AM »
Well, its about time for me to get the itch again and pull the trigger on another bow order. Has anyone here owned and shot both of these bows?? How did they shoot ,handle and compare to each other?? Is the Palmer really worth the $1200??... $500 more then the top of the line Bob Lee??
How is the Customer Service with both of these Companies???
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee vs. Palmer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
Pop some popcorn!     :campfire:
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
bob lee are great to deal with. nice bows too. as for palmer, i don't know.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Indie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
Just mentioned it on another thread:

Had bought a second hand BL Recurve, and after some months one Tip broke of, whilst full draw.

I sent it in and Bob Lee repaired it free of charge, even though I was not the original owner and it was older than two years.

They fixed it the day it got there, as well!

That´s what I call great customer service.

Did I mention that I really like that bow?

Stefan

Offline DJTJR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
I have a lot of bows some well over the $1000 and honestly so far i almost always back with my bob lee for consistency and feel.  it always surprises me but it is what it is.
s

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »
i have a couple bob lees, i dont know anything about palmers but it would be hard to belive that they could preform any better, and as mentioned the service is great.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
I agree with Jr , bob lee has great service , but I love to try a Plamer , I tried to contact Plamer but had trouble calling them. There both great choice.
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
BOB LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome bows and great people!!! I heard Mr. palmer is very moody and bad customer service you might want to do some research!

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
I own a Bob Lee Bicentenial.  Had a small problem, sent it back and it was taken care of immediately, no questions asked.  My warranty was also extended for two years from date of repair.  They're great to deal and the bow is a joy to shoot.  I would gladly own another.

Service is great, and the people are a pleasure to deal with.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by limbow:
Pop some popcorn!      :campfire:  
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
Palmer has a bad reputation for customer service, I never had one of his bow's but I've heard it from several people. When I meet him at K-zoo a couple of years ago he would'nt give me the time of day,that turned me off his bows in a hurry!!! just my 2 cent's, Jason.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
stick hunter is very close to the mark.  Pm me if you want my personal experience w/ Palmer.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Clint Russ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
I went to Denton Hill about 15 years ago with my Palmer bow. Had a fist full of money in my pocket & thought I needed a NEW bow. I shot almost every takedown there. None were BETTER than what I already had. I still shoot my Palmer.Both are top of the line bows. Try both if you can.I don't think you can go wrong with eather one.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
They're you go string cutter. sounds like you  have an answer! Bob, Rob, and Charlotte are good people, over 50 years in the archery business, thats says alot. I have a signature bow, new in 1995, still shooting strong. I always considered Bob as one of those  "Fine southern Gentlemen"!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
No longer own a Lee but not because of lack of performance or poor customer service. Just can't own them all. Would not hesitate to buy another Lee if the need were to arise. Good company, great customer service, and a long history. No way I would pay $1200 for a Palmer bow. Morrison, Black Widow and others in that price range might be considered but not a Palmer.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »
Does the BL bow have the performance that the Palmer's are known for? I know there have been quite a few folks here that have had a few structural issues with limbs/riser on the Palmer bows with not much help from the bowyer. I really want to shoot a Lee just to see how it performs.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
I recently got a used bob lee off the site and am loving it.  62" 48# @ 28" really throws an arrow.   Bob Lee my choice.

Offline bro-n-arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
I own 5 palmers and love them. Their customer service stinks but they make a great bow. I have also owned Bob Lee classic and it shot well but I like the Palmer linb attachment system alot better.Their customer service system is much better but the Palmer is better for me.As far as the price, there some good used one's around.
Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray-headed,O God, do not forsake me,Until I declare your strength to this generation.

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
I've owned three Palmer bows for several years without any problems whatsoever.  They shoot great, have a great grip, draw real smooth and NO recoil after the shot.  Did I mention they are plenty fast.  I believe they are an outstanding recurve bow.  

I have also owned Bob Lee recurve bows and they too are great bows.  They are very accurate and consistent performing bows.  I don't have any at the moment but hope to own another some day.

My experiences with Mike Palmer and his wife have been nothing but good.  I have visited his shop in Sabinal, Texas on several occasions and once  he treated me to lunch even though he was busy building bows.  I'm no one special just a regular guy that likes to shoot traditional bows.

In the end, if you get a Palmer I believe you will be extremely satisfied with the performance of the bow.  If you get a Bob Lee you will get the same results.

FYI, occasionally you will see a Palmer or Bob Lee bow for sale on this and other sites.  You might consider getting a used one of each to try out since I'm sure there is an abundance of shooters that will be more than happy to buy them back from you if you don't like either.

As a matter of fact, today I received a used but very unique Palmer bow that I bought recently.  It has a classic riser made of osage/modark and the limbs are osage.  Believe me the bow is immaculate and looks new.  It's 60" 53@28 and shoots just like you would expect a Palmer to shoot; AWESOME.  

My point is this, there are plenty of good used bows out there that people hardly use and if you look hard enough you may become the recipient of one of those bows.  I'm sure you will be very happy to own either one.

Good Luck.
Moon

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
Tommy, get the Lee. Preferrably the Bicentenial  Elite, 60" 50@27 (or there abouts). Shoot it for a while, then I'll be glad to buy it from you at fair market price!!

I'm pretty serious.

Allen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©