3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee vs. Palmer  (Read 2925 times)

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee vs. Palmer
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
:campfire:    
My first custom bow was a Bob Lee HUNTER T/D. 62"s long, 49# draw @ 28"s. I have taken 5 deer with that bow in the last 2 seasons. All pass thru double lung shots. The craftsmanship and performance is excellent. Rob Lee will answer all your questions and Sandy will help with your shipping questions or any other questions you may have. Customer service is second to none in my opinion.
All I can is that my B.L. HUNTER is....SMOOTH, SILENT, FAST, NO STACKING. Just an AWESOME PIECE OF WOOD....!!
Hawgslayer................    :archer:    

There are bows on sale now at bobleearchery.com.Click on bows ready for shipment and they are writen in red..GOOD LUCK
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
I have read and heard many good things about the Palmer recurves, but there seems to be quite a bit of negatives too.

1. certain risers tend to split

2. bolt holes easily crack

3. double carbon is no better than single carbon

4. customer service is fair at best

5. and they are overpriced

I had the chance to buy a used double carbon about a year ago and after a few months of shooting it, I was not impressed.  It may have just been that particular bow, but I found it finicky, unforgiving, and tempermental.  I sold it and checked it off my list.  

My nod goes to the Bob Lee.
Lon Scott

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Just checked out BL's website. They have a sell going on..T/D Hunter for $499.   :bigsmyl:   A.S. I'm a southpaw. Sorry???
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
If you want a palmer, be patient and wait for one to show up in the classifieds.  The one I have is an older model, but it is a sure enough shooter.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
Here's my take and I have owned both. The Palmers are fast bows, no doubt about that. I liked the grip on my Lee TD over the Palmer. I was more consistant with the Lee TD.

Bows will vary from bow to bow. It is always best to try out a bow before you decide to buy. The bow has to fit your shooting style. If you can't hit with a particular bow, why own it?

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
I have owned a few Lees and they really are great bows.  I had an issue with one of them and they immediately started making me a brand new replacement bow - does not come any better than that.

I have never shot a Palmer but one of my good buddies in Australia bought one and told me to NEVER touch a Palmer.  He said the customer service was horrendous and very stressful.  

After watching the Eichler tapes I really wanted one of those bows but one would be an idiot to desregard advice like that from a good friend.

sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »
I have had a couple of Palmers, but never shot a Bob Lee.  The first Palmer I had was a custom order....just what I wanted!  While it lasted, it performed beautifully and I really liked it a lot.  However, I had a crack develop in the riser and sent it back to be repaired.  When I got it back, it wasn't really repaired correctly and got progressively worse.  Then, one day the bottom limb broke in half.  I was so disappointed in the service from the riser repair, I simply junked the bow!  If I were to get another custom bow, (doubtful)I would go with the Lee over the Palmer.
Mike

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
I had a Palmer for a bit. It was very fast and I really liked the grip, but it was touchy (but it was a 60 inch bow and I draw 29 so a 62 incher may have been a better choice)and very loud. I would like to try a Foley at some point which is also made in texas and resembles the palmers and bob lees a bit.
BD

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
I have a Lee all Bubinga takedown longbow. I love it. You can't go wrong with a Lee.

Darren
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
ttt
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
go with the LEE
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Lee is the way to go, have 3 and love them all, with no problems and great service.
Conny

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
I just bought a used 1-piece Red Wing Hunter made by Bob Lee.  Consistent shooter, fast, smooth.  Very pleased with it.  Buy the used, cheaper one, then, if it doesn't fit you sell it. Never owned a Palmer, and don't plan to.
CoilSpring

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
A Bob Lee is real hard to beat for quality and shootability.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Find you a used Partners Bow, then you won't have to choose.   ;)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
I believe Brent is refering to the fact Lee and Palmer worked on bows together at one time. I believe the design is very very similar. i have owned both and performance wise a few and I mean few fps. is all. I never dealt with Palmer but i have the Lees many times, for me hands down go with the Lee. Great bows as good or better than the Palmer in many aspects and ya get great customer service and ya can buy two Lees for the price of one Palmer, or better yet buy a lee with one set of longbow limbs and one set of recurve limbs and still have enough to buy a few dozen arrows!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
Palmer and lee are both great bows,,  I would never trade or sellmy palmer classic because it totally smoked the 3 lees I had.  with that being said I believe palmer only makes one style recurve now called the slam, its sure its  nice bow but cos a lot.

bow lees on the other hand, draw super smooth, have a sweet grip and are backed by a great company that will be around for along time.  they have a ton of bows always ready to go and for the money they cannot be beat.. if you have the money and the time get the palmer,,  but if you want to save 500.00 and don't want to wait get the bob lee.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
I'd go with the Lee...
Pinecone

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Sorry, I never shot both but my Bob Lee is a shooter.  I just got my third one last month.
Customer service is top notch!  Rob Lee and the gang at Bob Lee Archery are a great people to deal with!

Offline extremebowfishing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:00 AM »
Cant go wrong with a Bob Lee....great bow for the money and Rob is a great guy to boot!
Muzzy Prostaff
Ams Bowfishing Prostaff

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©