3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Firefly  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Firefly
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
No man I just asked my boss if I could put in an archery range out back but he told me the insurace companies probably would not like that to much!!!   :banghead:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »
I recently was borrowed one from a good friend that was a lighter weight (41@ 28") to shoot due to some shoulder problems. The Firefly would not have been a bow I would have thought about purchasing but I was unbelievably impressed. It shoots exactly where I look and appears to be fairly quick. No handshock and very stable. The woods in the riser are Bocate and Texas Ebony with curly myrtle limbs. I can honestly say this is as nice of a bow I have ever shot. I decided to buy it from him after one week of shooting it. I have owned a Morrison, Blacktails, Widows. Griffin, 21st Century, and a JD Berry. I liked them all, all very nice bows but I can say I really like the feel, looks, craftsmanship and shootability of this Firefly.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
I ordered a new firefly from Jim about a month ago:  Macassar ebony riser with maple accents and waterfall bubinga veneers.  To say that I'm counting the days till my hands are on it would be an understatement!
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
If they shoot as good as they look they are WINNERS !

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
I can never find the superlatives to describe my Firefly.  To save me repeating myself go and take a look at what I said in 'product reviews'.  

The more I shoot this bow the better it becomes.  I have jsut about tried all the bows out there and nothing came close to the service, quality and joy of owning a Jim Jones bow.  The bloke is a Christian as well - one of the few who walks the talk!!!

sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
As a new Firefly owner, I also am struck by how beautiful and well built they are. Talking back and forth with Jim was a pleasure also.

This bow simply shoots right where I'm looking, and I dont know how that happens, only that I sure do appreciate it. My other bows I need to train with, adjust, fiddle with arrows, ....not the firefly. I put some test arrows through it, and was amazed by it.

They are fast, quiet, and really fun to shoot. I am going to own more. If you go to the Braveheart Archery website and click on the Firefly bows link, mine is the first testimonial there, feel free to read it, as it is too long to post here.

Actually Sutto, your post was the inspiration for me to contact Jim back when I was looking for a new bow....thanks!

Firefly's.....I love em.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
Yep I love my FireFly, its not a barn burner but the smooth draw more than makes up for it! And like just about everyone has said, Jim is an absolute pleasure to deal with, stands behind his product and is a great guy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©