3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many Pig tags  (Read 938 times)

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many Pig tags
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
We're on the express train to hell in Kalifornistan! If ya aint too careful Rusty, Arnie's gonna be president!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
The only time I have been down there was a straight flight into Fort Irwin.  For those who don't know that is the middle of the desert or as I like to call it the armpit of the earth.  Sure did want to catch some of those burrows though.  Who would think that we still have wild donkeys.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
You are in for a treat Bear Heart. For all intents and purposes Northern California is a whole different state than the southern half. I know I'll raise some cane for saying it, but if it weren't for the California aqueduct and all the rain we get up here, the desert parts of our state would remain uninhabited.

Great views, good food, mild weather. We pay high rent, and the game laws suck, buy I wouldn't call anywhere else home.    :D
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
Here's a couple of pic's from Saturday's afternoon hunt...

I'm the little guy with the short recurve. Juan's the one holding himself up with his longbow  :help:   :wavey:

Here's Juan taking a rest,  

As you can see level ground is at a premium here.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Well, what he lacks in stature he makes up for in tall-humor   :saywhat:

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
You guys are killin' me I'm rollin' on the floor.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
Pig tags?? We don't need no stinking tags here in Tejas. Only hunting license. LOL
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
When I was in Georgia you just needed a small game license. No bag limit.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
In Georgia, if I am not mistaken, wild pigs are your property if they venture onto your land. You are free to kill them as you please. Am I mistaken? Any Georgians about?

I can assure you that if the day ever comes when I come out of my back door to find a hog in my yard you will soon see a hog in my freezer - tag be damned!  :archer:

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
You are correct. In Ga. pigs belong to the landowner. I am not fortunate to be able to hunt private land pigs BUT South Ga. has some fine public land pig hunting with no limit.There are 8 public land WMA`s within an hour of the house. Three withing 15 minutes.The smallest is 3,200 acres and The largest is not a WMA but an Army base. Fort Stewart,I think its 250,000 acres.All on prime land most on riverbottoms.

We should all plan a hunt swap for pork sometime.You California Guys have the most beautiful country I`ve seen.In pics of course I ain`t been across the Mississippi .RC

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
Hey RC now that sounds like fun. Get some of you Ga boys out here sometime and we'll come out there another.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
Like Toby said, RC. Any time, man! The pictures don't do the Golden state justice, and you wouldn't know it from the pictures above, but like all Californians BTH and I happen to be super models... now where did I put that martini?    :smileystooges:

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
Wow,  you mean you gotta have tags for pigs in California.  Guess we are lucky here in Texas.  You can kill as many as you want with any weapon you want, short of machine guns and hand grenades, any time nite or day.  Any time of the year.  Really helps us keep huntin durin the off deer and turkey seasons.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
CA DF&G, in their ultimate wisdom, have decided that tags are required. You can hunt with dogs, but cannot use a knife or spear to finish the hog...you must use a handgun, rifle, shotgun, or bow. They at least gave us no bag or possession limit with year around hunting. They just want their cut to fund the "wild pig management program". So, I can't really complain too much. I can hunt pigs year around. It just costs me $19 per pig. Oh yeah, we can't hunt them at night...really lame there.
And for depradation...well you have to prove the pigs intends to or is in the process of destroying your property. Don't get me started on that subject...
But, like anywhere else, pigs are made for bow hunting and provide year around fun and pork chops.
Now...back to the hot tub and the margaritas.   :goldtooth:

Offline crossstickspro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »
Sounds to me like the F&Wd think theres a problem with the dog pop. My dogs never went huntin any where with Guns or bows. I trusted them to keep the pig off me. you cant always trust an excited redneck with a .45.
Really tags for pigs I dont know bout that....... we TRY to exterminate them in down here it just dont seem to be workin.
Larry
Crossstickspro, Not my name ... more of a goal

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »
Yep...they just don't get it here yet.

Offline Double Tee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »
In Texas you can hunt them year round,no limit,some ranches have to shoot them out of helicopters just to thin them some!Across the line in New Mexico for feral hogs I talked to a warden and he said they don't even require a lic. even if you live out of state.He said he would even help shoot some if needed.I think the peoples republic of Kalifornia needs to re-think the situation?
John

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
D-Tee you are dead right on that matter. I've even tried talking sense and logic to F&G using facts, statistics from a report on the exploding hog populations in Texas and through the midwest. They said it was BS and that they knew better. Oh boy, are they gonna be in for a surprise. We will never eradicate the hogs. They are too smart, too prolific, and live in places we can't easily get to. It is just a money making scheme on the part of the state to make money to fund positions in F&G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
This is too disturbing. It's interupting my yoga and latte, I need to call my therapist.

Some laws are so contrary to logic and common sense that eventually they are broken, creating criminals out of good men. The hog population is EXPLODING here in California, it is just a matter of time before land-owners will start giving the DF&G the "bird".

I need to call my agent...   :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©