3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Grips as compared to others  (Read 1362 times)

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow Grips as compared to others
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
Can someone explain the different grips Blackwidow offers. I see alot of bow for sale with Asbell grips and some with standard. I shoot a Robertson Vision Falcon and like the grip alot. Are one of the Blackwidow grips similar? I really don't know how you would describe the grip on my Robertson other that it is not a low wrist type of grip. I have looked around some at used Blackwidows in the classifieds and don't really know what the difference is.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Grips as compared to others
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
The Asbell grip has a slightly higher, larger palm swell.  It isn't much, but it can be felt.  There are pics of the difference out there, if someone doesn't post one I'll see if I can find it for you.  I can shoot either grip, but when using the standard grip my hand just feels "empty" for lack of a better word.  I like the way the Asbell grip fills up my hand.  One thing to thing about, if you were to get one with the Asbell grip and not like it, BW could reshape it to a standard grip but not vice-versa...Mike

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Black Widow has pictures in their cataloged. I'd go with the Asbell as my Border has even more swell and I love it though it feels strange to some use to low wrist grips.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »
The Robertson has a pretty good swell in it too. Kind of fills your hand and I like it. Shoot much better with it. Just can't tell that much about the Asbell grip.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
Black Widow has a try before you buy policy you might want to check out. It could save you a bunch of money. They're Sponsors here, check out their site.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
At one time, Widow would match a grip as close as possible if you sent them one. Not sure if they still do, but you could drop them an email. I like the Asbell grip better than the standard. Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
The Asbell is , as Mooseman76 said, closer to the Robertson. The standard feels thin in my palm , most of the hand is off to the side of the grip .  The most comfortable grip,to me, is the low grip,I like to heel the grip . Just traded a regular grip for a Asbell.Hope that helped. Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
Let's try this

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
If you have a big hand you will probably love the asbell grip, I know I do.
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
normal grip to me feels a litle skinny, I went with the asbell grip because of the pic posted above..   I do love my widow with the asbell grip!

Remember with widows you can send in the riser from your robertson (or whatever other recurve and they will make an identical grip on your new widow,,, I have a MA2 that has a Jack harrison "Game master Jet" grip on it.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
The Asbel grip makes it easy to keep your wrist in line with the bone structure of your arm by positioning your hand to the side of the bow.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Ricoh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
I like the regular grip but I have a small hand and have always used the regular Widow grip. Fits me very well.

Rick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©