3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Seventh age/ Texas  (Read 765 times)

Offline Pruski2

• Trad Bowhunter
Seventh age/ Texas
« on: February 24, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
Has anyone been on a hunt with littlefeather/ seventh age bowhunting? Hogs ,javies? I bought the video but it hardley shows any animals. Looking into hunting 2010 with them.  Thanks, Steve

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Seventh age/ Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
Check out the "Texas Heat" hunt here on TradGang.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
There is a thread right now called Sweat Update that is with Curtis.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
He eats alot, sleeps very little, hard to catch and keep up with, LIVES with PIGS, HATES workin, has a grill that if he can get it on it, it will taste SUPER

Besides that he's my friend and I like the little RASCAL

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Have never hunted with him but with the reports ive read it is a hunt that is on my list.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
I do not think there is anyone who knows pig or javies better than Curtis. I have hunted with him and he is a great friend of mine. You could not find a better man to share camp with. He runs the Texas Sweat hunt every year and all who go love it.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
You won't find a better guy for hog/javi hunt than Curtis.  Top notch, he will do everything he can to make your hunt a success.  There are a couple dozen other guys here that will vouch for him as well.
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline Pruski2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
thanks for the input... Pruski

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
I have hunted with Curtis the last two years and plan to go back again next year.  This year we had a very nice facility for headquarters (running water, electricity, skinning shed with concrete floor, concrete floor metal shop building with indoor shooting range), food was top notch, and plenty of Javies and hogs around.  No complaints and had a great time.  I don't go to west Texas for the scenery, but the hunting experience is as good as you can ask for.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
Just finished my 5th hunt with Curtis, lots of hogs and javies. Great hunt and great time as always. Check the Texas Sweat forums/postings for lots of good info.
hunt it

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
Thanks to all you guys who've supported me over the last few years in this venture called Outfitting. It's great to know so many of you are still hunting with me and still supporting 7Th Age Bowhunting, LLC.

Pruski, I started 7Th Age Bowhunting to share the opportunities I have every day. It became clear that there were many Outfitters in Texas who were offering opportunities to hunt but weren't what I considered a quality operation. Most Outfitters run every client across one piece of ground where the animals are nocturnal or so stittish you can hardly get a shot.After years of hunting these operations I figured out all the pitfalls and negative aspects of their operations and I decided to start offering what I considered to be a proper hunting opportunity.

"Quality"- What this means is that I try and offer low pressure/no pressure hunts on ranches where I'm not running every client across the same piece of ground. I've sacraficed the profit margins so that I could provide more ranches in more regions across Texas. If you choose to hunt with 7Th Age you'll likely be hunting one of my hidden ranches that have seen only one or two groups of hunters all years long. I have absolutely no high fence ranches so you know you are hunting real Texas game in real Texas free range conditions. AND, most of the ranches will have some of the highest densities of animals that the land will support.

PS, I cater almost exclusively to Traditional archers. I know your needs and I try my very best to provide you with the exact hunt that I would be happy with myself if I were the client and not the Outfitter. If you are looking for 5 star, plush accomodations then I probably don't have the hunt you are looking for. I do provide ample accomodations on most hunts but the hunt is what I try and focus on not the lodging, enormous meals, hot tubs, etc.. Call me and we'll discuss your needs and see if I can offer you the hunt you are looking for. If I dont I'll gladly point you in the direction most suited for your needs. Don't forget my night trips for giant gator gar and also gator hunts along the coast. Thanks for your inquiry. Curtis 361-648-6059

Offline Pruski2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
Curtis, Thanks for the info and I look forward to hunting with you.  Thanks, Steve

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
I will be with Curtis at the end of march, hunting hogs.
Can't wait to get there!!!

chris <><

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
Fantastic Chris! Can't wait to share some space with you. Thanks for your business! I'll do all I can to make your trip a true success. CK

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
I've hunted with and know Curtis, he not only knows his pigs but he is a good guy as well.  He understands trad hunters because he is one.  You will enjoy the hunt as it will give you a "real Texas experience".  Hunting pigs in the dark is not for the faint hearted.  I have a buddy from Alberta who came down and he still talks about his heart being in his throat when a herd of pigs came in after the sun went down.  Great stuff!
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
As has already been mentioned, reading the stories of the recent Sweat hunt should convince you that your search is over.  You'll have a great time with Curtis!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
I've hunted with Curtis too.  I got in on one of his scouting hunts and to date it is my only "guided" hunt.  It was a great experience and some day I will be back.  I've got unfinished business with some of those Texas hogs.

On my hunt it wound up being just the two of us as everyone else bailed.  I've got memories of that hunt that I will always cherish.  

Curtis was great.  He provided (excellent) meals even if it was just the two of us.  He taught me a great deal about archery and hunting and was very informative about plants and animals of southern Texas.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
You guys sure know how to make a guy feel good abut his choice of careers! Thanks! I'm quite humbled by your kind words!

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Hey Stoney, looks like "a couple of dozen" fans was an underestimate  :readit:  

I was born in New England and have lived in California for 20 years and didn't have a feeling for Texas one way or the other till I ventured into the brush country on the Sweat. To me, Curtis IS Texas. He is an epic character, a blast to hunt with and his Pops is a phenominal guy too. Nuff said.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
I've hunted with Curtis twice. Aside from a great time hunting fun game, the education you'll get is more than worth the trip. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if there was a "Wensel" of pig hunting, it'd be Curtis.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©