3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can I foot my woods with carbon?..(update)  (Read 270 times)

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
Can I foot my woods with carbon?..(update)
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
I'm curious If I can do this? Its not for strength but for tuning. I'm setting up my cousins carbon target arrows. After I cut them down I have 4" left. They weigh 25gr. I can trim them shorter and take grains away from the tip as I go. They fit perfectly over my 11/32 cedar shafts. Can I use them to figure out what weight I need up front?....Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can I foot my woods with carbon?..(update)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
Give'um a try and report back here on how they worked.

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can I foot my woods with carbon?..(update)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
It worked real well. I used a 160gr tip on the arrow.I started out with the 4" pieces and cut them down a 1/4" at a time. It worked the best with the piece shown in the picture. Its 2" long and weighs 12gr. I now have 172gr up front. I had to lightly sand the shaft because of the finish. They went on snug enough that I didnt use any glue on the carbon. I shot 40 times with the arrow and the carbon didnt move.

"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©