3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)  (Read 257 times)

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Well my wife got me a Wool Longhunter Shirt from Ron La Clair for my birthday.  So, I thought it would be a perfect day to go out and do some stump'n and looking for sheds.

As I was walking the creek and woods close to it I realized I wasn't stump shooting I was debris shooting.

I did shoot one stump just for the name of the game though.

There is so much junk that has accumulated along the creek it really upset me.  Then I came upon this.  

The antlers were cut off and the rest left to the critters.

I hate wanton waste, not to mention what the children that play in those woods think when they see this.

All in all though I had a good time out in the woods.  It was a beautiful day and I was shooting good too.
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
whatcha shoot there bud?? nice shooting and nice shirt,,those are really nice,They make you look ten pounds thiner,,LOL,JB
TGMM

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
man, thats a shame...and the deer...man...  kinda takes the joy out of stumpin.... it seems I spend more time picking up trash now days ...
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by whitebuffalo:
whatcha shoot there bud?? nice shooting and nice shirt,,those are really nice,They make you look ten pounds thiner,,LOL,JB
Today I shot my Bear Custom TD.  I'm here to tell ya that the shirts are really warm and comfortable.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
The trash sure is sad to see.  I honestly can't understand what some people must be thinking when they leave trash lay like that.

Looking at the deer from another angle, maybe you just weren't the first to find it laying there dead.  Someone else may have cut them off after finding it.  I did that on a nice elk that I found and I hope if someone else finds it they don't think it was shot just for the antlers. The area I found the elk in is a youth only area for rifle, so I often wonder if it was shot by some kid who will live with that nightmare for the rest of his life.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
The trash sure is sad to see.  I honestly can't understand what some people must be thinking when they leave trash lay like that.

Actually it's not really trash left behind, it's run off from the surrounding subdivisions and blow off from I-95 which is right there.

Offline Dartwick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Trash in the woods is a fact or modern life, I cant see being surprised by it.

But shooting it as you were doing then "harvesting" it, lets you turn stump shooting into a a way to help your environment.
Wherever you went - here you are.

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
I find bottles and snack wrappers a lot on the property I hunt, likely from kids sneaking out of school and heading for the woods to smoke, etc.

I usually fill iup my back quiver with trash while shooting, and carry it out.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
Didn't we have a member reporting on hunting some B&C (Bag and Carry) trash at his local grounds and the cops were waiting to tell him he wasn't allowed to "shoot" in the particular area...even though he was cleaning up trash???

Seems things just keep being upside down... ok to violate Anti-litter Laws, but not ok to violate no shooting in political boundaries  :(

HOpe you can keep on "baggin" yer limit of that unsightly clutter!    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
I am the local trash man in my area as well. Even have the numb nutz that spray paint the trees.    :mad:
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
In a properly ordered universe there'd be a bounty on those vermin.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
oh we have the numb nuts that spray paint the fence but glad to say they only did it once as i got em a good one right across the hands with a stick then held em down and spray painted  him all over the face and head. aint seen em since funny that.LOL!!!! i hate people that dump rubbish all over the place they need a good kick up the ass
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
My introduction to deer hunters was finding carcasses left near the railroad tracks in Hackettstown, NJ. I never met the a33wipes that did it, but the sight of the rotting bodies lying there, horns taken, maybe the hindquarters, well, the animal was raped of its life and its dignity, treated as trash, and robbed of its status as a creation of God.

I hated hunters.
For many a year, I hated hunters.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline josef2424

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:

Looking at the deer from another angle, maybe you just weren't the first to find it laying there dead.  Someone else may have cut them off after finding it.  I did that on a nice elk that I found and I hope if someone else finds it they don't think it was shot just for the antlers. The area I found the elk in is a youth only area for rifle, so I often wonder if it was shot by some kid who will live with that nightmare for the rest of his life.
Wow. That would be terrible if that kid found that.
Carnivores.....UNITE!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©