3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Refinish an Elburg Longbow?  (Read 204 times)

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Refinish an Elburg Longbow?
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
I have an Elburg 64" Jaguar longbow. Since deer season I have noticed the very outside finish is coming off, any tips on refinishing it? I really dont want to spend a lot on it right now, would I hurt it by sanding it then hitting it with a few coats of polyurethane or tongue oil?

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Refinish an Elburg Longbow?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
You could sand it lightly to remove scratches and blend edges and use some poly.I find Min wax satin poly will blend easliy,doesn't leave a wet line like a high gloss.I'll like to wipe the both with some denatured alocohol and let dry before I spray any finish.After I sand and spray with poly I'll steel wool with some 0000 and then use some rubbing or polishing compound.Works great

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Refinish an Elburg Longbow?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
you could move this to the collecters forum as there are tons of tips on bow restoration.Starting with the cheapest home craftsman to the most expensive top of the line finishes.Tips for the guy doing 2-3 bows a year to the pro's doing 100 or more...bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©