3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Mt. Goat, Caribou, Big Horn, Stone Sheep, Moose, Elk stories?  (Read 855 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
My mind has been wandering off far and away thinking about hunts in places I may never make it too.  The animals in my thread title have been taking up space in my brain so much lately that I need to hear some good stories from hunters who have been able to pursue them with a stick and string.  :help:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Mt. Goat, Caribou, Big Horn, Stone Sheep, Moose, Elk stories?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »
Or Mt. lions. No one has posted any Mt. lion hunts this year.
lll

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »
It was the first week of September 2003, on my birthday, and I hiked into a stand of old growth that had held elk in the past.  I was pursuing Roosevelt elk on the Oregon coast and this spot was one of my favorites.  I'm not an early riser and got into my spot mid-morning, which was ok since the elk don't move through there early in the day.  The hike up is short, but the beginning is steep, through older reprod, then transitions into old growth right at the top of the hill.  As I got to the transition area, I stopped to listen, as many times I can hear elk before seeing them.  Low and behold snapping branches give away the movement of some animals, but it's far enough away that they can't be seen.  So the decision is made to try a cow call to see what happens.  Now understand, my experience with calling up to that point was disappointing to say the least, so I wasn't hopefull.  From previous experience I had learned that when cow calling, making the call too loud causes the elk to run away, fast.  This time I blew the call just loud enough to make a passable cow/calf sound, then waited.  About 30 seconds later the sound of running elk greets my ears, "Great, I blew it again" I say to myself, but to my amazement, the sound was getting closer.  Before I can react, there are 2 cow elk standing in front of me at a whopping 15 yards, ears perked up, eyes on full scan mode, looking for a lost calf.  "Holy s##t, those elk came to my call!" is the only thing going through my brain, not "Pick a spot" or "Draw your bow".  So there I stand, bow in my left hand, string in my right, just looking at these 2 beautiful animals that were duped into coming to my call.  After a few, maybe 30 seconds, they decide something is up and get out of there, while all I can do is watch in wonder.  After they run off, I hiked around for a while more, higher than a kite on adrenaline and not really getting any hunting done, just walking around replaying the whole thing in my head.  One of the best Birthday presents ever, even though I came home "emptyhanded"!     :archer:

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
I had been hunting moose in western Wyoming for 3 days. I had a couple of friends join me for the first 2 days. I had seen 11 moose bulls to this point. A couple of close calls and 1 big moose that was tending a cow I called to within 30 yards but didn't want to chance a shot through the thick tangle he was in. He was madder than fire which caused me to wiggle closer to a group of tree's  should he make a charge. He finally left and I couldn't find him again.
I also had an elk tag but in another unit and was getting a little anxious about filling my tag and having time to elk hunt. Esp after a spike bull elk came in to 20yds, while I was doing one of my moose calling and raking set ups. I decided I would do my best to take the next bull I saw.
Driving and glassing that afternoon I spotted a cow and bull ripping willows along a medium sized river. After marking them I took off. The best route was right next to the bank. That would put me on the bull without bothering the cow. I was easing along. It was a dead silent evening by this time. Not a sound except the moose ripping willows. I am on the edge on the river, moving when the willows move. Finally I am close and feel I may have a shot oppurtunity soon. I am still waiting, can't see him. He's 15 yards and I can't see him. KABOOM! 2 beaver hit tail 3 yards from me. Almost fell in the water! When I recovered I figured, that's the end of this hunt. No, he is there 12 yards turning slowly away head over the bank of the river now, there is his chest there goes my arrow I see fletching right where the heart should be. He stumbles 20 yards  and is quiet. The sight of him in the sunset, head out over the river, dead quiet will always be with me. Dream come true for me. Aren't they all. I used a BW Mall  bear razor

Doug
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Doug you can't put up a post like that without any pictures.    :readit:

Here you go Arwin...

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=90;t=000372
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
Arwin- maybe these will help.

Moose
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=064920;p=1

Spot 'n stalk black bear (I know its not on your list but think you'll like it).
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=063360;p=1#000000
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
I love elk stories.

It was September 12th I was all set to go my gear was packed, my Pronghorn Ferret recurve ready, and my broad heads sharp. Season had been open since the 1st so I was chomping at the bit. I was working till ten and was going to drive from Cheyenne to Sheridan that night. I had plans to hunt with my Dad in the morning. I got off work and set on my way. No work till the 29th was enough to make the trip worth it.
I arrived in Sheridan at 2:00am and went to my good friend Luke’s house for a little sleep.  Luke had harvested his elk the 3rd day of the archery season and was going to help his Dad on his moose hunt. He had waited 25 plus years for a tag.  My friend Kendal also had a long awaited moose tag and I was very excited that I might get the chance to be part of that this year. In 2007 I had the awesome privilege of accompanying my Dad on his Wyoming moose hunt.
Luke and I woke at 4:30am and got a little food then parted ways. He went on to do some scouting for his Dad since the moose season opened in just two days. I headed for elk camp. It was still an hour and half drive at a minimum. I was going to be late for sure.  The Bighorn Mountains are my favorite in that there are not many places you can see the number and quality of wildlife that you will here.  Driving up the road I recall fond memories as I pass different areas. I see where we use to have the bow shoot when I was a kid. A little farther down the road is where Luke and I had some good times stalking mule deer. Just ahead is the place where my Dad got his moose last year.  A day that will live on forever in my memories as one of the greatest hunting experiences I have been able to share with my Dad. I turn off the highway and start down the final ten miles of gravel, dirt and boulder ridden road.
On the way I saw my friend Kendal, he is on his way out to go do a little moose scouting. He told me that Dad and his friend Wayne are waiting for me to get in. About a mile from camp I run into our friend Jim from Michigan. He is a hard working hunter and puts a lot into it.  He tells me that he has a good bull spotted and is going to spike out in another area for a few days.
When I arrived at camp Dad was ready to go. He gave me a hard time for being late, then told me to get my stuff we where going hunting.  I gathered my gear suited up and took off with them. They had been seeing some elk the past few days and where hoping to get into them that morning. We did not see any elk during the morning hunt. When we went back to camp I unloaded my gear, got set up in the tent and cooked a little lunch for the three of us. Dad and Wayne took a nap. Something that Dad does a lot of during hunting season. His theory is that he is on vacation and there is no need to wear yourself out.  I like that about him. I went out to shoot a few arrows.  
After their nap time was over we discussed what we should do for the evening. Dad wanted to go back to where he had seen the elk the night before. I decided that I would go up the canyon to one of my favorite places. I have only been there a few times and not been able to find elk. The snow started and the wind began blowing in all different directions, as it usually does in the evening there. When I finally made my way to the top of the ridge it was snowing so hard I could not see any of the area that I wanted to glass. I went to the other side of the ridge to see what I could find. I spotted a calf just down the ridge.   Young elk are not usually alone. I decided to make a big loop to get the wind as right as I could.
As I approached the area where I had seen the calf feeding I could not see any elk. They have to be in here, I thought to myself. Where I had seen the calf before was only about 50 yards away. The snow was starting to lighten up a little and the wind was holding for me, at least for now anyway.   I continued to move closer. In front of me was a steep draw maybe 50 yards wide and 25 yards deep. Maybe they where in there? As I was glassing I caught a glimpse of something. Going back to it I saw him. Just the tops of his antlers where sticking up above the edge. He was bedded right in the bottom of the draw. I checked all around for the cows. Knowing that if I did not pay attention and got in the wrong place they would make sure the bull did not stick around to see what was happening. I could see one below me feeding and two maybe three in the trees above me on the other side of the draw. I needed to close the distance fast because the wind was not going to hold for long. There was not much cover between us. Just one pine about ten feet tall and a little shaggy stood right at the edge of the draw.  If I could get there I would be 15 yards from where he was bedded. I took off my pack and left it lay by a tree.   With one shaggy tree the only cover to help, I closed the distance fast. Watching close, pausing while he was looking moving fast and quiet when I could. He bugled once as I closed the gap. There is nothing that can get your blood pumping and your nerves going like being close to a big bull who is screaming.  Just as I made it to the tree he got up out of his bed. Moving around he offered no shot. My heart was pounding.   I had to wait for what seemed like forever; though I am sure was merely seconds, for him to turn. Finally he presented a clear shot, thirty yards, quartering away. I stepped out and drew to anchor and released. There was a problem though. I felt the wind on my back. At some point during the last half second or so he winded me and as my arrow flew he was turning to run. The 600 grain Full Metal Jacket hit really far back but penetrated almost to the fletching.
He ran about thirty yards and stood behind a tree barking. Looking for what he had smelled. I could see the blood was pouring from the wound.  Though the hit was far back, I knew it was going to be lethal. He went down into the trees after a few minutes. Mentally I marked everything I could. I retrieved the pack I had left up the hill pulled out my GPS and started marking where I had shot from, where he was standing, and where he had stood behind the tree and barked. There was a lot and I mean a lot of blood at the place where he had stood.  I was not happy with the hit and chose to wait at least 30 minutes before going anywhere.
It seemed like hours. I was checking the time every four or five minutes. When thirty minutes had finally passed I had gone through hundreds of possible scenarios.  I started tracking at the last place I had seen him. The blood trail was easy to follow.  My Dad has always taught me when tracking to remember to look up and look ahead. Don’t always concentrate on the ground. Then I saw him, he was still up. I froze in my tracks. He was only forty yards, but there was no chance of getting an arrow through the thick and fallen trees.  He caught my movement or winded me again and bolted out.  The crashing and banging quickly slowed to a few breaking stick. I knew that had had slowed to a walk. I was sick; this is what I had always been taught not to do. Jumping a wounded animal is the last thing that you want to do.  There was a blessing in disguise here though.  He had almost stopped bleeding and his short run had caused it to start pouring out again. After waiting an hour more I pursued the blood trail across a park and through a large boggy area. When it got back into the trees I decided that it was time to let him go for the night. It was getting dark and I was getting worried.
When I got to camp that night my Dad and Wayne where there and Kendal was just pulling in with his son Brian. I told my story expecting a little harassment and what not, but received only support. I explained that I was sure that he was down, though I was worried how far he went after I bumped him. I replayed the events in my head many times while telling all the details.  They all chose to pass on the morning hunt and moose scouting to come help me find my elk.  

In the morning we got up ate a little breakfast and gathered our packs, knifes, and game bags. I was sure that he was down.  I was just really hoping that we would be able to find him quickly. We took off from camp and hiked over three miles up in the wilderness to where I had marked last blood the night before. To add to the pain I was feeling already, due to the less than desirable hit, from that point we could not find hardly any blood. After about 20 minutes of little to no progress I was starting to get worried. The night before tracking was very easy and there was a large amount of blood where I had left off the night before. Just then Dad started yelling for us from down below. I hurried down the steep hill side to see what he had found. He pointed out in front of him to a strip of snow that covered trail. In a strip of snow only about two feet wide by ten feet long was blood not a lot but any at this point was good. As Dad, Kendal, and I talked about what we should do and logical places for him to go from there,  Wayne yelled to us the words that I had been waiting to hear. “HE IS RIGHT HERE” Wayne exclaimed. Dad yelled back to him “Is he down”. Wayne answered quickly with” Well I am hollering and you and he is still laying here so I would say yea”.  
We all ran to see. There he lay. He had only gone about 60 or 70 yards in rough terrain from where I left him the night before.  After the congratulations and handshakes where over the hassling started.  See the night before I had told them I guessed the bull around 315. Well he was a little bit bigger than that. We took pictures and I got them all in a few. Everyone pitched in and helped get him boned, caped, and quartered. We all grabbed a pack loaded with many a good dinner then and headed down the trail. We where back in camp by noon.
Dad and Wayne had to work the next morning so we cooked some food helped them load there things. They would be back on Thursday. I was going to stay and help Kendal on his moose hunt. The spirit of the people that I have the chance to hunt with means everything to me. It was all those that spent there hunting time to help me (Dad, Wayne, Kendal, Brian) that are the reason that I was successful on this chance of a life time animal. On my wall is not a picture of me and my elk rather there is a picture of the whole team and our elk. After the 60 day drying period he scored 354 7/8 gross and 345 0/8 net Pope and Young.   Friends Fellowship and helping others is what makes hunting with a bow worth while to me.  I thank all the people who have been there for me, and have taken the time to stop and teach me along the way.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
What Makes a Hunt Memorable?

What makes a hunt memorable? Many people have asked me that question, but few times have I really thought about it. I’ve always thought that every hunt was memorable in its own way. Growing up in northern Wyoming, I took for granted so many of the things that I had — I was very fortunate to be part of a family that loved to hunt and loved the outdoors. My Dad took me hunting with him when I was young, and when I was old enough, he prepared me to hunt by myself. He got me my first bow when I was too young to even remember it and taught me how to shoot. My Dad showed me the art of hunting everything from prairie dogs to black bear. The best part was that we did it together.
   It was not just my Dad, though — it was my uncles as well. My uncle Mark was the one that had the most influence. He was there when I was learning how to shoot my bow, he helped me when I was learning to load shells for my rifle and was right next to me when I shot my first elk. Uncle Mark was always there when it was time to go track my animals that had run into a tough spot and had to be packed out. He and my Aunt Cindy where there to help when it was time to clean and butcher every one of my animals.
   Since those early days, I have harvested many animals, with both gun and bow. I remember my first animal with a bow was a rock dog. I took my first turkey when I was 12, my first deer and first elk the year I turned 14, and my first bear at 15. I took my first bear with a bow when I was 16. That same fall, on Oct. 17, 1999, I was fortunate enough to harvest the elk of a lifetime — he was seven points on the right, eight on the left, and he gross-scored an awesome 402 inches Boone and Crockett. Three years later, in 2002, I took my second black bear with a bow — my first Pope and Young animal. I think that my dad was more exited than I was! A couple of years later I shot a pronghorn that also made the P&Y record book.
   But as in most aspects of life, hunting doesn’t always go smoothly. I made my first really poor shot on an animal in 2004, an elk that scored 298 P&Y points. It took six hours of tracking, with my Dad’s help, in order to find him and make it right.
   These are just a few of my adventures, but none of them can top the hunt I will always consider my most memorable.
   In 2005, my Dad called me and asked if I wanted to put in for a different hunt area in the Bighorn mountains and go with a group of friends that he used to hunt with years ago. I was excited — this would be a whole new area for me, and I could not wait for the September 15 to come around. Our group arrived on the evening of the 14th, and I was ready to go by morning. Over the next few days I found myself in the middle of lots of elk. On the night of the 21st, Dad, a good friend Ramey, and I went up Buckley Creek and found three big bulls and a fair number of cows. This was the setting for what was to be the greatest day of hunting I might ever have.
   Dark and early the next morning Dad and I set out for Buckley Creek. Despite six inches of fresh snow and bitter-cold  -16 degree temperatures, we were as warm as we could be thinking of all the elk we’d seen the night before.  As we hiked in the darkness, we heard the call of the wild — the majestic bugle of the bull elk — shatter the pre-dawn silence. We got into a position where we could get a good look at the elk and make a game plan when light broke. As the sunrise lit up the hills, we picked out our target — a nice six-point with 13 cows and a rag horn. Dad and I started toward them up the canyon,  which turned out to be a lot steeper than we had anticipated, the wind in our favor and the sun on our backs.
   Just as we got to the top of the trees where we could see them again, we heard another bull bugle. I looked at Dad as if to ask without words if that was the same bull that we’d set out after. The bugle had come from way up above us, and that was not the direction the bull had been heading the last time we’d seen him. We hurried to a better vantage point, and what a surprise we got. On the skyline stood a monster, with several cows and two satellite bulls.
   The elk that we were in pursuit of, much smaller than the second bull, took his cows around the corner to the other side so as not to lose them to this truly superior bull. Dad was quick to say, “let’s go after him.” Little did we know what kind of endeavor that would be! The monster moved off of the skyline and down into a canyon that we refer to as “No-Name.” We scrambled to the ridge, only to see him going over the next one, cows in the lead, moving quickly. It was two or three miles around the head of the canyon.
   We took our time getting to the other side, stopping to look over the divide into Lost Lake and take a few pictures (which, incidentally, did not turn out. I guess the shutter on the camera was not opening all the way.). We even found a few elk bedded down near the lake. Dad took a little time to play with his new GPS and mark the coordinates —a fruitless endeavor, as he won’t remember what he called it, not having learned how to use letters to name things on it yet. With the day getting shorter by the minute and not having heard the bull bugle for quite a while, we decided that we’d better get to the other side and see if we could find this magnificent elk.
   We pressed on, climbing through rock piles and over boulders. When we climbed over the last ridge to the east fork of Porcupine Creek, he was nowhere to be found. After eating lunch and glassing all that we could see, we were almost out of ideas. Then a coyote came running up the bottom chasing a bird. I grabbed my cow call and started to squeak on it, and he came running. The ’yote went behind a little hill, and just then I heard it — the bugle of the bull that we were after. We forgot about the coyote and started glassing again, so engrossed in watching for the elk that we didn’t even realize the coyote had come right up to us. He spooked and ran away, and we were back to looking for the elk.
   I thought that I could hear him in the bottom, so we moved down the ridge and looked some more. We had only heard the one bugle to go off of, but it was more than enough to motivate us. Dad told me to go around the corner a little farther and see what I could find. As I was climbing out on a little rock ledge, the elk bugled again. He was right under me, but I had yet to spot him. I picked up my binoculars and found a cow almost immediately, then another and another. Then there he was, bedded just above his cows in a little grassy spot in the scattered trees, with the wind coming from below him. He had wisely set himself up with a great vantage point to spot intruding hunters.
   I ran back to Dad and told him I had found the bull and was not sure if we could get to him. After climbing out to the ledge and assessing the situation himself for a few minutes, Dad decided to go after him. His game plan for getting there: “Let’s get around this cliff and go straight to him.” I wasn’t sure that would even come close to working, but I trusted Dad’s years of experience, and away we went. It would be a good mile over treacherously steep, rocky terrain just to get close to where the elk were settled.
   The area where the bull had gathered his harem was a place that I later nicknamed the Labyrinth. It is in the bottom of a canyon. Relatively flat compared to the rest of the area around it, the Labyrinth is scattered with pines and several little rock rims that vary in height from two to 10 feet. There were two big puddles in it that looked to be about three feet deep. I could see that this was elk heaven, and the closer we got, the more I saw that Dad was right on the money in his plan of attack.
   We moved into the edge of the Labyrinth at about 3 p.m. and glassed around to find a path that would not take us right into the middle of the cows. I could see just the antlers of the bull not even 60 yards away. This was the first good look that we’d gotten of him since early that morning. He had seven points per side and had great mass that carried all the way to his fours and was strong on top except for his G6s, which where only about two inches long.
   We found a way to approach while staying hidden, and the wind was in our favor. This big bull was starting to get restless and was bugling every minute or so. I decided to get on top of a little ridge and Dad was going to go round the end. Either way, one of us was going to get a shot — or at least that was the plan.
   I took my position and got set up, and Dad began to make his move. The bull got up and started toward me. He stopped at about 35 yards, nearly broadside but slightly quartering-toward. I really wanted Dad to get a chance at this amazing animal; he had worked hard for it and deserved it more than I did. At long last, I heard the twang! of his bow, followed by a string of choice words from Dad’s mouth when the bull bolted. I jumped off the rock and ran across to see where the bull and his cows had retreated to. I gave a few cow calls and the herd slowed down, but I knew there was no chance of getting the bull back within range. Dad followed me, smiling and fuming at the same time. His arrow had hit a branch on the tree right in front of him. Nonetheless, Dad was happy for having had the opportunity to stand just 20 yards from such an impressive animal —something I’ve always respected about him.
   I learned a lot that day, some from nature, some from God, but most from my Dad. His smile after missing the bull of a lifetime, a dream of his forever, taught me that we don’t hunt to kill. That’s not what this is about. Rather, it’s about being out in the great creation, getting in touch with nature and respecting the animals that God gave us. If we are lucky enough to take an animal, that’s just a bonus, an added benefit — but by no means is it what makes or breaks the hunt. More than all the stories I can tell about animals I have taken on my own, being with my Dad on a marathon chase for a big bull elk was the most memorable hunt I might ever have.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Those are kinda long sorry about that.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
Thank You Randy. That was cool.   :thumbsup:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Mr. Schulz. No time for pics this morning before work. Yours are stunning though and make my heart ache.   :notworthy:  

Doug
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
AWESOME STUFF GUYS!!!!   :knothead:

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
More than you can imagine. Cheers, Don

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Don Thomas:
More than you can imagine. Cheers, Don
Way cool!!  :saywhat:  I always have heard, if you think your in good enough shape to go on a hunt like that, then you better work out some more,LOL! Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I would love to leave myself on the mountains completely exhausted and battered.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
Its the best pain you will ever be in.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Online Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Arwin,

I can't tell you the # of times I have been climbing the sheep mountains saying, "What am I doing  THIS  for."  

With that said, it is also the only thing I have ever done that as soon as I am done with it say, "What can I do to draw another tag or find some discount so I can do  THAT again."

Do it now so you can look back at what you have done rather that sit there as a geezer thinking aobut what you could have done.

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
I'm getting to the point where I have a "OK" shot at drawing this year! Mt. Goat and RM Big Horn

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Arwin, here is just about the "cheapest" DIY bighorn sheep bowhunt available for NRs (doing it in MT would be cheaper, but I'm not sure the drawing odds are any better) and it is quite an experience.  You could do this hunt this year if you apply before the April deadline and are lucky in the drawing.  My summer scouting trip added about $1000 to the total cost but provided great information that I used on the hunt.  I also got a left-over deer tag which cost more money and distracted me a little - probably a mistake, but it was fun stalking some big mulies when the sheep didn't cooperate.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=050260
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
If only I could draw a tag.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©