3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help with arrow flight  (Read 182 times)

Online cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
help with arrow flight
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
I am new to this trad.  Here is what I have.  When I shoot my bare shaft I hit where I am aiming, but when I shoot my fletched with fp, I shoot left, and even futher left with BH.  Does this mean I am over spined? Arrows are pretty much straight in target, there is no real offset of arrow, except for bare being little nock high.Thanks in advance for your help, GOD BLESS!!!
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Online cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: help with arrow flight
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
ttt
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
If possible get the arrow closer to center shot by decreasing thickness of the side plate, that will move your point of impact to the right with the fletched shaft. Once done reshoot fletched and bare, if bare is still grouping right of fletched your to weak, for a right hander. Once you get bare and fletched together move to broadhead and fletched for fine tuning. A little nock high and weak with bare shaft seems to work well for me.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline O.L. Adcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
We're falling into the WAY over spined trap...The fact his broadheads are grouping left of his fletched field tips means he is OVER spined. The bare are grouping right of his field tips and broadheads due to contact with the shelf. A thinner side plate is an option but more point weight is a better option.

cnorth, don't get hung up on what "angle" they stick in the target, that's caused more by form then spine so it'll cause you to chase your tail. Pay attention to the relationship between the groups only....O.L.
---Six NAA/FITA National and World flight records.----

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©