3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pros - Cons Hornes Combo Longbow  (Read 232 times)

Offline pktm

• Trad Bowhunter
Pros - Cons Hornes Combo Longbow
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
I looking at picking one up. What I'm really interested is how they compare to a Hill longbow. How is the draw, I find my Hills very smooth. It's the takedown factor that has me looking into this bow. Thanks in advance.
Fundamentally the marksman aims at himself

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pros - Cons Hornes Combo Longbow
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
I got to look at and shoot a bunch of Horne's bows at a couple of the Texas State Longbow shoots and I was very impressed both with his bows and with the bowyer.  Both are very classy.

Have you had a chance to shoot the bow you are looking at or is this an online type deal?  I would expect that the Horne will be smoother than your Hill.  The Hill will probably pull as smooth but on release, the Horne will feel softer.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pros - Cons Hornes Combo Longbow
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
They're a Great Bow, quick enough & Quiet, the grip is the Best I've found for me & the xtra weight with the 3 pc. T/D is very stable, untrung you can see the R/D really good, strung up, has the "D" shape ... Hope this helps ... Also, mine has the HardRock Maple Core in the Limbs ...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©