3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Burlap coffee sack target  (Read 928 times)

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Burlap coffee sack target
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
I turn my feed bags around horizontally and pretend they are deer as they are a little smaller than a coffee bag.

The feed store may have some smaller bags which can become groundhogs, coyotes, etc.  Endless ideas.

Dave, do you leave yours out full time?  Any protection from the elements?
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
Yes, I leave 'em out year around, and broom the snow off in winter for use. It's so cheap and easy to "re-sock" with a new bag when the old one gets worn out. But I'm short on storage space and if it were as simply as picking it up and tossing it under a shed roof, or into a garage, I likely would. Esp. if I didn't shoot every day. d

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
Elbow--Craig, your bags are in the mail, have fun--bob

Offline Douglas DuRant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
I have used burlap bags for many years now. I stuffed them with waste polester fiber from when we still had texile mills in the south. When the bag wears out I stuff the fill in a new one. Cotton when they bail a field also works well, but so does plastic sheeting and plastic bags.

Offline Rusty in Fla.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
I get feed sack from my local feed mill new and unused for $1 each. I drive a truck and deliver to grocery stores so I get the shrink wrap that they wrap around the pallets of groceries to stuff them with.
 Some folks also use scraps of screen like from a screen porch or window to stuff with as well.
If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough.

Offline 3undr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »
I'm just getting ready to try this. I have a black lab that seems to supply me with plenty of 50# dog food bags made of plastic weave. i am filling one with plastic bags and then instead of tieing it off there i'm going to start another dog food bag over the open end making it 2 ply. oh yea i turn the dog food bags inside out they are nice and white and you don't have to shoot at the cute little puppy on the other side lol

Offline davidbeidler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Nylon window screening makes a great filler. I have a bag target stuffed with that and it has lasted forever. I replaced the cover years ago. Mine is half buried in the snow right now. It has been outside for years. Nylon window screening isn't that expensive and you might be able to get it free from someone who repairs screens.

Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©