3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: got lucky today  (Read 248 times)

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
got lucky today
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
i was out shooting and took a normal shot and mised by several feet with crazy flight.  the arow passed through my carpet backstop.  i was extremely disgusted with my shot and couldnt belive that i could miss the whole bag from 20.  
when i went and found the arow i realized that about six inches from the tip the shaft was completly severed, the only thing holding the carbon together was the wood grain fabric.  i am convinced that this is what stoped it from causing more damage,  not shure why it broke there was no visible damage.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: got lucky today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
I had this happen to me a week ago. I found that one of the weights I had inserted, a small section of brass all thread rod, had come unglued and shifted up inside the shaft to the center of the arrow. It caused a radical flight and when the arrow hit it sheared the shaft right in half.   :banghead:  

Note to self: MUCH stronger glue.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©