3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My vote for Most Valuable TG member  (Read 652 times)

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
My vote for Most Valuable TG member
« on: March 03, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I recently realized that when I am looking for information on a particular topic - bare shaft tuning, limb twist, tuning, etc. - I start my search this way. I open the search form and enter the search term that applies, then I enter  136 in the member number. Why 136? Because I have found that Shawn Leonard has over time posted more information that has been useful to me on a broad range of topics than anyone else. I'm not saying others are not more knowledgeable on a given topic, but time and again I find myself looking for info from Shawn.

Now, I wouldn't know Shawn from Adam if I ran into him on the street. But he gets my vote for most valuable resource. No BS, so sugar coating, and almost guaranteed not to get through the post without at least a few typos. I like that. It means he doesn't want to polish it up. Just get in, dump the info, and get out.

Thanks, Shawn,  for helping solve a bunch of problems.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My vote for Most Valuable TG member
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
Shawn's always got great info, but so do many many others.  Too many, in fact, to pick just one.  I don't think you can find a more valuable trad bowhunting resource than right here.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
I agree 100%! If I see Shawn has responded to a post, I always check it out. I've never talked with Shawn, but we seem to share alot of the same opinions. There are lots of great guys on here, with lots of good info, but Shawn's one of the guys that I always like to see what he has to say! Thanks, Shawn!
            Jr.

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
Ah yes, no argument. But this ain't no contest, it's a fambly.

Offline SouthMDShooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
There are tons of great people on here with a wealth of information....But when Shawn says something I make sure to pay attention
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
he's a wealth of information!! im glad to call him a friend. i jump at the chance to go over his place anytime i can!!   :thumbsup:  

but to be fair, for me theres a few guys that i will read everything they post. guru is another.  :thumbsup:  

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
Shawn is a good one.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
I'm sure Shawn is a great guy, but all I ever see on here is Ray Hammond! Word on the street is that he's killed more hogs than any man alive. Is that true Ray? A man that's kilt that many critters is sure a wealth of knowledge and an asset to any  traditional archery website!

Offline Weedhopper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
Lots of great info here shared by Shawn and a bunch of others as well. Keep it comin' fellas!    :thumbsup:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
Oh no, CINDY!!!!!!!Go get Shawn some bigger hats, he's going to need them when he sees this!  :archer:  

Just kiddin' you know I love you Shawn.....  :clapper:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
I second...err...third...err..uh, whatever it for Shawn. Also, when O.L. speaks, I definitely listen. A very wise duo, they are.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
At the risk of stating the obvious, I think Terry Green is the most valuable TG'er.

Marty, you should know better than to believe anything you hear on a hunting trip!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
I still vote for ya Ray! You're making a lot of guys happy with those hunts. AND repairing relationships while you're at it!!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
I luv that knuckhead Shawn...

But I gotta go with Dr. Ray. When are you going to be on Oprah bud?

Ray, I wish I knew you about 20yrs ago...I still bear the scars    :(
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
Oprah can't handle "the doc" Curt. I'd tell her what Dr Phil says...

"it AIN'T ABOUUYUUUTTT  Y-O-U!"
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
with nearly twenty thousand members on tradgang it's hardly fair to single out 'one' person as the most valuable. that dosen't give much credit to all the guys here that have actually put years of time and research into writing books, making videos, making all the charts and graphs about a bows performance, the countless hours spent proving broadhead performance and all the testing with different arrow material that has been done. then we have to consider all the field experience that is offered here by so many veteran hunters. nothing wrong with having a hero but, don't dis-credit the guys that have actually logged in the time to help us all.

jus my 2cents

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
I am lucky enough to be very good friends with Shawn's son-in-law. Thats how I met Shawn, and togther they re-intorduced me to trad. With his knowledge I was literally able to hit the ground running. He was always great about answering questions.
I can honestly say with out meeting Shawn(again) I doubt I would be shooting a LB now. I didnt really get to meet him the first time....he was gasping a lot and had a head imprint on his chest.  :D  

Overall, I think Tradgang brings out a lot of great people, with a ton of knowledge. I just happen to live twenty minutes from one...
Thanks again Shawn, Damon and the rest of Tradgang.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Thats why this site rocks...because of ALL of you....  :wavey:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by sswv:
with nearly twenty thousand members on tradgang it's hardly fair to single out 'one' person as the most valuable. that dosen't give much credit to all the guys here that have actually put years of time and research into writing books, making videos, making all the charts and graphs about a bows performance, the countless hours spent proving broadhead performance and all the testing with different arrow material that has been done. then we have to consider all the field experience that is offered here by so many veteran hunters. nothing wrong with having a hero but, don't dis-credit the guys that have actually logged in the time to help us all.

jus my 2cents
Just for the record, I only have one "hero" and He died on a cross for me. And also for the record, I didn't "discredit" anyone. I pointed out the one guy whose postings have helped me solve a bunch of issues.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©