3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does it get better....or worse?  (Read 869 times)

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does it get better....or worse?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »
Better or worse? *Excuse me while I check my mail....* Naw, it's no...*hold on, I think I heard the UPS truck!* ..problem. Heck, I ordered mine ..
*Wait a minute-let me check the mailbox again*.. a while back and I... *Was that a knock on my door?* ... haven't given it another..*Lemmee check that mailbox again, be right back*...thought.   :banghead:
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
I had finally forgot about it for five minutes, until i started reading all this, now my eyes have glazed over and i'm staring longingly out the widow dreaming of the magical day that the ups truck will pull into my driveway, with the sound of harps playing in the background and i will run out to greet him in slow motion(this will take place sometime in april) glad i'm not the only weirdo.
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Oh, it gets worse. First, you catch yourself daydreaming about holding that new bow while your wife is running down the list of honey-do's, only to be snapped out of it to hear " ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?"

Then, recurrent dreams invade your sleep, becoming more frequent as the estimated arrival date nears. You'll dream of incredible feats of archery prowess, seeing your arrows streaking through the air hammering targets dead center with every shot.

You'll find yourself rearrranging your bow rack so the new addition to the family will stand out among the others.

You try to envision what colors on your arrows would compliment it the best. Perhaps even a new back quiver to go with the new stick.

When the phone call comes saying its been shipped, sleep will no come easily. You will follow the mailman, or the UPS driver around his route, hoping to see that long skinny box standing in the back of the truck.

You'll be pretending to shoot that bow in the break room at work, all the while your co-workers will be assured there really  is something wrong with you.

When you are up to you neck in work, and probably gonna be late getting home, your wife will call and tell you a package came for you...

You will break out in a cold sweat, tell the boss you really do not feel good and need to go home.

Nope, it doesnt get any better. But its fun!

When I went to the post office to pick up my last one, the lady at the counter asked what I needed, and I told her I was there for that long skinny box leaning against the wall in the back corner.

She asked " New bow? I said yeah, how did you guess?  She said, well, its too long to be arrows, and too heavy to be a fishing pole. I laughed, and told her " Geez, you sure have my mail habits figured out!" The beauty of small town living.

The worst part, my carrier left the slip saying I had a package, but when I went to pick it up, it was still out on the route with her and wouldn't be able to pick it up till she came in.
THAT is torture.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
Autumnarcher, The better half just read your post and couldnt stop giggling. She said it was exactly what I do  :thumbsup:
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
LOL, Vermonster Has hit the nail on the head.  Got a new Dwyer a month ago.  Every time the mail ran I had my head out the window.  After the call, man that is the worse part.
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
The worst part is when they tell you it has shipped. You stare longingly at ever UPSP or UPS truck you see!
I think my mail man thought I was stalking him when I new it was going to ship...I had to get the snow camo out one day!  :knothead:  

No it doesn't get easier...try to get them to email you pictures if they can as it is being built.  Then again if you call too much it might get put farther down the list!

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 05:40:00 AM »
think back to that first xmas as a kid, waiting for xmas day.... same feeling and or that first new car you ordered from the factory with all the bells on it....

it does not get any better till that bow is in your hand and you take that first shot and I hope it fly true to the mark....

also you have to start thinking about a name for your bow...
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Mine shipped yesterday. Gonna be a long,long,long few days.
Semper Fi

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
The older you get the worse it gets.My old lady says it's a curse.Am starting to beleive her.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by Boone the Hunter:
I had finally forgot about it for five minutes, until i started reading all this, now my eyes have glazed over and i'm staring longingly out the widow dreaming of the magical day that the ups truck will pull into my driveway, with the sound of harps playing in the background and i will run out to greet him in slow motion(this will take place sometime in april) glad i'm not the only weirdo.
Now THAT is funny right there.  I definatly heard the harps last time....  :D
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline thetroutguy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Autumnarcher:
Oh, it gets worse. First, you catch yourself daydreaming about holding that new bow while your wife is running down the list of honey-do's, only to be snapped out of it to hear " ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?"

Then, recurrent dreams invade your sleep, becoming more frequent as the estimated arrival date nears. You'll dream of incredible feats of archery prowess, seeing your arrows streaking through the air hammering targets dead center with every shot.

You'll find yourself rearrranging your bow rack so the new addition to the family will stand out among the others.

You try to envision what colors on your arrows would compliment it the best. Perhaps even a new back quiver to go with the new stick.

When the phone call comes saying its been shipped, sleep will no come easily. You will follow the mailman, or the UPS driver around his route, hoping to see that long skinny box standing in the back of the truck.

The worst part, my carrier left the slip saying I had a package, but when I went to pick it up, it was still out on the route with her and wouldn't be able to pick it up till she came in.
THAT is torture.
That is my routine exactly. Here is the story of my last "new bow"...

I got the call it had shipped and based on my superior knowledge of the postal system (NOT) I  figured out that it should be here "possibly Thursday, more than likely Friday, and FOR SURE on Saturday."

Thursday's mail came at 10:37.  I know, I was standing at the mail box when he pulled up. No bow.  Tommorow will be better. Bummer.

Fridays mail came at 10:41.  I know, I was standing there.  Again, no bow.  Ugh!  I have to work tommorow and nobody will be home. So I have to give myself a speech, "It's okay, you work on the ambulance in a small town AND you live 1 block from the hospital.  Everytime you run a call just swing by the house."

Saturday morning (wife and kids out of town) I am sitting in my driveway in the ambulance at 9:30.  Still there at 10:00.  and 10:26 when I see the... "THE MAILMAN IS HERE!" and... BEEEEEE DEWWWWWW MEDIC 1 RESPOND TO A MAN DOWN ON MAIN STREET!!!!!  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!  So we run the call and the guy is fine (drunk at 10 in the morning).  We take him to the hospital and rush over to my house and find the "pink slip of hell" that states I can pick up my package after 4:00.  I was 1 minute away from holding my bow and now I have to wait 6 hours.  Here comes another speech...

"OK, that didn't go as planned.  Remember you are still in and ambulance and that ambulance... has... WHEELS!!!  LET'S GO FIND THE MAILMAN".  If I don't get to pick this thing up today I will have to way until Monday and that is just flat unacceptable.  I will never make it.

We drove around...

And we drove around...

For 90 minutes...  

No mailman.  

Wait, THERE HE IS!  Pull in behind him, in the ambulance (you know what's coming don't you?) and flip on the lights.  The mail truck pulls over to let us pass and we whip up beside him...

...and it's the wrong mail truck.  

When we finally DID find the right mail truck he had already dropped the bow at the post office "on his lunch because he knew I would be anxious to get it".  He has dealt with me before, you see.

So back to the post office and... BEEEEEEE DEWWWWW Medic 1 (you have got to be kidding me) PAGER TEST ONLY (thank you Lord).

FINALLY we get to the post office and my luck turns, NO LINE!!!  I race to the counter I see it behind her.  It is finally over and I have my new bow.

That was TOTALLY worth it.
***TGMM Family of the Bow***

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Worse.  Much worse.  The Bow Bug and the Energizer Bunny are close cousins.  They keep going and going and going...
Silence is golden.

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
Got "the call" Thursday that it's being shipped out Friday. Friday I warned the UPS driver I was gonna be watching her CLOSELY. Expecting it to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.   :pray:
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Just sit back, relax and forget about it..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I have never been so anxious to get somethin!! And to think the wait is half over... only six more months to go.   :eek:      :D
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©