3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back from Texas!  (Read 937 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back from Texas!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
I feel a fool not to mention Jorge(Coon007). Although we never got to meet Jorge, Alex had a lot of great things to say about him. Jorge is the owner of the cabin and property,Alex manages it for him. Thanks Jorge, your good people down there.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Coon007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
your welcome leatherneck, any friend of alex is a friend of mine. like I said anytime you wish to hunt feel free to call on us.
It's only funny until someone get's HURT, Then it's hilarious

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Hey, I know that cabin...and Coon007 and gatorgar for that matter!  Wish I could have made it up to hunt with yall but just wasn't meant to be.  Maybe next time!  Glad yall enjoyed this neck of the woods.

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
You should know this cabin Duck'n, last time you were up here you took that monster gar.  It was also the time I scolded you for taking shots at 30# fish and not waiting for the big ones, LOL.
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Yes i want to thank both of you and i can wait to come back,But you can keep the snakes.Here is a pick of leatherneck in a texas stand.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
As i have said before the Texas people are the best people.Always treat you right.Wish i could meet the rest of the gang.Thanks again   :campfire:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »
Too funny!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »
I was looking for a place to lock my Gorilla stand on to. The funny part was watching my fat a** try to get into that ladder tripod.  :help:  Thanks God for oak trees.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
That's great stuff guys..kudos to all involved!   :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
That is why I rather hunt the ground.  That tripod scares me lol.  Ben, it was a pleasure having ya'll down, now add your side of the story,hehe. And maybe next year ya'll can get one.
62" 53#@28"
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
That story was so much fun even going to work doesn't seem like a bad idea. Thanks, guys.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
"but I have to be brave. So I let him walk down the middle of the road while I rode on his back"...you owe me for a keyboard.
I haven't read past that part yet; but, I don't have to. I already know you guys had a great time. Better yet is the hospitality of my West Texas cousin Alex. You'll find most folks here will be as good as you give them a chance to. BTW, that dead snake can kill you almost as fast as the live one. We do have plenty of rattlesnakes.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
Straitera, I made sure to remove the head as quickly as possible and dispose of it in the brush.  They were never in any danger, I handled the snake until it was 100% safe.  I feel a dead snake is more dangerouse because a person is less careful around them, and all it takes is a scratch.
62" 53#@28"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
Dead snake when i was in the back of the blazer that So called dead snake was still crawling around,gave me the hebe gebes.  :eek:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Nearly swallowed my tongue over LN & the rattlers. Couldn't stop laughing. I'd pay to see that. It's a wonder he ever looked up far enough to see any javies at all. Then, leans down behind a cactus? Holy Smokes! JFTR, when out West, it's hard to look over 15' in any direction with all the snakes.
You're the Alex Bob delivered the bow to. I called him again just a few weeks ago for another generous measure (he gave a bow away). He put you in good light also. Heard good things about his bows too. Hope to fling some arrows with you guys some day. You never know if or when these things may work out.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Looks like a great time and some awesome hospitality! Having spent jusy a little bit of time with leatherneck and Ben at Compton last yeat, I am pretty sure they have fun wherever they go! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
Good Lord Almighty that's a BIG snake. I'm with ya'll on this one. HIGH-AND-DRY!!!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
You got it Mike, we sure try to. Good to hear from you again.

Mike

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
Yea straitera, that be me,  :D  BTW, how far "West" are you?  Mike, I have to agree with you, these two guys were always looking for ways to have fun.
So that is why you kept looking over your shoulder while we were driving down the road, Ben?  I was wondering what you were looking for, LOL.
62" 53#@28"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
Alex, next year I get to pull on the snakes tail. Yea right!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©