3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bow tillering  (Read 279 times)

Offline Ryan High

• Trad Bowhunter
bow tillering
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Does your bow have to be tillered to shoot three fingers under or can you shoot any bow that way? Do you have to do anything different than when shooting split fingers to set up your bow?

Offline Ryan High

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bow tillering
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:37:00 PM »
Ttt need help

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Hey Ryan,
    it depends on the composition of the bow.  For instance, you would not want to shoot a natural materials bow that has been tillered for a split finger draw using a three under draw.  It would place inordinate strain in places where it shouldn't be thus diminishing the life of the bow, increasing handshock, and reducing performance.  

If you're shooting a fiberglass bow, no problem. Might get a bit more handshock, but the bow itself will be fine.  Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Ryan High

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Yea they are all fiberglass limbs. I was just wandering because I know when you order new bows sometimes they ask like Black Widow. Just something new I was trying and didn't want to harm anything. Thanks for the help I feel a lot better now.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©