3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tree Stand???  (Read 418 times)

Offline split arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Tree Stand???
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Hey guys I was looking for a new tree stand and came across something called a tree saddle. It looks like a neat idea. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one and what you thought? Is it something you can comfortably sit in all day? Any help would be great thanks.

Offline AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tree Stand???
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Check out Guidosoutdoors.com

Very comfortable for an all day sit.  I've never sat in a tree saddle, but looking at it vs. the Guido's web there is no comparison in the comfort category.  I have a web, by the way.

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
I don't even know were to start, I love my saddle and have been hunting out of it for the last 5 years or so, I often sit all day in it and it's pretty comfy, but of course sitting all day can only be so comfortable. A few quick things i like are one you have the tree between you and the deer most of the time so you are very concealed. you can also shoot 360 around the tree, i have often shot deer right below me in weird spots that i wouldn't have been able to shoot out of a stand. also i love the stealth and versatility i often go into a new area and stalk/scout find a good looking spot, pull my saddle out of my pack with some tree steps, and 10 minutes later i'm up the tree and hunting, lastly i don't get any stands stolen anymore, and can have 20-30 trees set up in different states and only need one piece of gear to hunt
out of. so as you can see i'm a fan, they do take some getting used to i would say, But i will always hunt out of something like a saddle, i haven't checked out the guido's web
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 12:39:00 AM »
I have been using one as well.  I also like the stealth.  Though I am just as portable (the only way I hunt) with my Lone wolf set up. The difference in wt. is only a few pounds on my back. So, I did opt for my LW set-up most of the time this year.

I really need much more practice to see if I can come up with better angles etc.  It seems you have to make a lot of movement in swinging around to gain the extra shooting positions suggested.  It also does alter your form a bit.  I do think it would work better for a compound guy. Though I like the concept, I am going to need a lot more practice to see what more I can get out of it.

My 2c
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 06:53:00 AM »
I have a old style medium tree saddle. old style has something to do with the ropes instead of straps.  It's for sale cheap and can be tried out for anybody that wants to try it here in kansas city.  Irish has finally convinced me to keep my feet on the ground.pm me if you want to give it a test flight.

Offline Don Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
What do use for climbing with the saddle or the web?

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
I use LW sticks
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline jojotater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »
You have to make a platform to stand on. Most use screw-in tree steps. I hunt public land, so I have to use the strap-on tree steps. I have 4 on a ratchet strap. It is still a pain; they want to crawl down the tree as step around the tree.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Make a platform to fit on the top stick- then screw in steps around the tree for a base.

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
were i can, i use screw in's  to climb and 4 to 6 to stand on around the tree up top, some places you have to use strap on witch can be a pain, lone wolf came out with something like a saddle, but with a small platform to stand on, looks like it could be more comfortable,
i'll have to give it a try. One thing i would mention is i travel a lot and have a lot of different spots were people steal stands, so my saddle works great for me, If i had a nice piece of land that i could hang several stands and they would be safe i would probably still hunt out of stands sometimes.
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline split arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
Thanks a lot for all the replys i think this might be the way to go. i like the 360 idea.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©