3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: burris vs vortex spotting scope  (Read 267 times)

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
burris vs vortex spotting scope
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
i might be in the market for a spotting scope. it's not something i'm going to use everytime i go hunting. i'll be using it for guiding here in canada and hunting for myself for tahr & chamios in NZ. it must be reasonably compact. water/fog proof. i can't spend a great deal of money on one but want the best optics in the 'budget' class. i've had a quick look and both a burris and a vortex have caught my eye. both are a short stubby 25-75x70. anyone got an oppinion on the quality of one or the other? even oppinions on these brands generally through experience with binos and such. any other brands/models worth considering. i know optically a budget brand will lag a bit but it's not something i'll use everyday. just a season on bears & elk. and some occasional hunting back home in oz & NZ
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Rusty in Fla.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: burris vs vortex spotting scope
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
I've never heard of a Vortex myself but Burris has been around for quite a while. One thing I found out when looking for a spotting scope for the rifle range... A good quality scope with a lower power will allow you to see better than a poor quality scope with a higher power. The best thing to do is a side by side comparison.
If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough.

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: burris vs vortex spotting scope
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
I bought a Vortex scope last year.Not very plesaed.IMO w/ optics you get what you paid for and this is  a $200 spotting scope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©