3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many arrows???  (Read 527 times)

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many arrows???
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
I also carry the Safari Tuff Arrowmaster! I carry 5 arrows with BH and 4 with judos/hex heads for small game! I love the option that the Arrowmaster provides! The quiver just follows you where ever you go!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
Usually six in a hip quiver - 3 bh and 3 hex heads.  When rabbit hunting / stump shooting - all I own - in a back quiver.

Heh.

Offline Rusty in Fla.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
Didn't 3R used to sell an add on quiver that was just a little set of clips that would clip a judo on the outside of a BH already on the quiver?
If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough.

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Rusty, they still do, i had totally forgotten about those until you posted and reminded me!! they are called piggy backers!! good one bud!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »
2 or 3 for deer.I carry about 6 when hog hunting.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
OK, Has any of you guys ever had a chance for more than one shot while out deer hunting? I did a couple years back, had a shot at a buck, as i started to draw he side stepped,must have caught some movement,i had allready hit full draw picked my spot,but he was on pins and needles, I had thought about letting down and waiting, but when your on the ground still hunting and in the semi open and the buck being with in 10 yards, he would have seen me letting down for sure! So i let her rip, needless to say at the same instant he bolted and my arrow nicely sliced through air where he was standing!! But it wasn't enough to spook into the next county, he circled around trying to get down wind which put him back in range again!! my second arrow never left the bow, i came to full draw again but he was quartering to me, not a very good shot even at 12 yards!! the wind swirrled he was gone!! If I had shot the second arrow and wounded him and needed another,i would have had to hike back out a mile to my jeep for more and hike back in!  That was fun just the same!! so lets here some of your second chances or more!!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Col

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
When I specifically target bushtails & cottontails, I use a suicide quiver holding four shafts.  Blunts, of course.

For when I've whitetails and turkey in mind, I use a safer 3+1 that's covered.  I.R. really good at cutting myself.  Dad says "if it's sharp, he'll find it".

When I'm roving with nothing in mind, but it seems like about every season is open, I wear a back quiver stocked with everything for shooting anything from stumps to steaks.  That quiver is usually loaded with 16+ shafts.

I color-code my fletching & cresting, and use flanged nocks.  The patterns & colors I use work in low-light...notwithstanding that when I load my quiver, it's done in a manner that I know how far forward or backward to reach when a meal presents itself.
Shooting with feeling since 1976 & luvin' every minute of it.

Thanks Dad!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©