3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stepp ladder tree steps?  (Read 658 times)

Offline ziggy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: stepp ladder tree steps?
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
How about the replacement ropes?????

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »
Rope goes under the bar. Also raise the knots/step higher than where the rope goes around the tree. Then when you cam it over it will lock down and not stick out from the tree. I have used the stepps for several years, I like the Lone Wolf sticks better but always carry a couple Stepps to help get higher, if need be.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
It would be interesting to talk to Jim and see what patent he has on this..it's a great idea especially for those of us that use them for a base hunting out of Treestand slings like Quidos Webb, tree Suit and Tree Saddle.

The rope is just hollow braided. Home depot sell its.. I take my down every season..we have tree rats and they get bored.  I have not had to replace a rope. Plus one year growth will tighten this step almost to much to take off without cutting the rope. I love the idea but since i tweaked it.........i think there is a broader market.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
Curious why this idea didn't take off better?
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Try here.

http://steppups.com/

The rope is hollow plastic braided rope.  run 6 or 8" of the rope into itself to form the size loop you need.  This type of rope is available in many colors.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
Jim..... I think that it was too difficult to set the ropes just right the first time for a good firm step that most people gave up after using them a time or two. Once it "clicked" on getting them set its easy. I can get 10 of them twenty ft up a tree alot faster than the screw ins I was using and I still use mine on odd shaped/angled trunks..........YMMV
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
There was a post on you tube a while back, that showed how to set them up.
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
I did some digging around and found the booklet and instructional VHS that came with the my Stepps.

I don't use my Stepps for daily hang on use, I prefer the strap on steps because they're lighter (I don't like/use climbing stands-they scare me), teamed with my Lone Wolf Alpha.  I do like the Stepps when I'll be leaving the stand in place.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
Great YouTube done by Jim on how to use. I saw these at Michigan trad show and was so impressed bought 4 sets of them. I think Jim still makes but you need to attach the rope for liability. Hate the rapid ladders that I used because the rungs were to far apart for my short step.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »
Ziggy I sent you a pm. I have a few replacement ropes. Original from Jim
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©