3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Xtreme 300 broadhead  (Read 252 times)

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
Xtreme 300 broadhead
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
Is anyone here hunting with the Xtreme 300gr broadheads? I bought one Xtreme 300 broadhead and a half dozen of the 300 pratice tips a couple weeks back to test out. Overall I like the broadhead it sharpens easy on my diamond flat stone and fly's great.I lost about 10 FPS going to the 300 gr head but really can't tell much difference in POI at 17 to 20 yards my normal shooting range.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Xtreme 300 broadhead
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Send Dave "Hunt It" Stinson a PM...he has some really good pix of an entrance/exit hole from an xtreme 300. Plus he has taken some with them already.

I know there are some others but can not remember who they are.

CS

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
Wish I could show you a pic of a dead javie but my 300 Extreme went into a bush. Did a number on that bush though.  :bigsmyl:  

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Cody,

I have been using the 300's for over a year. I used the same 300 to take 5 hogs and a bear last year. This year so far one big 250# hog. I can tell you that there is no three blade out there that will hold up to the 300 or out penetrate it. They resharpen well. Curtis Kellar took a total of 5 hog/havies with the same 300 on this years sweat hunt. After taking three animals he was amazed at how sharp the head remained. I'm not sure if he even sharpened it prior to #4 and #5. I'll post some pics for you from work in the morning.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©