3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Huge Trad Shoots?  (Read 273 times)

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
Huge Trad Shoots?
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
What are the "Behemothest" Trad shoots in the nation? I think it would be fun to check one out maybe every other year... as I would likely have a LONG way to go from Montana... Our biggest is a mere couple hundred shooters....

Ernie

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Huge Trad Shoots?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
ETAR or as it also called DENTON HILL in Coudersport Pa. is the biggest 8000 plus shooters and at least 100 vendors . 8 courses one even takes you up a ski lift to the top , airial targets , a money shoot and more .  All the vendors are great you can shoot a bunch of different bows .  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
ETAR
Compton
Cloverdale

In that order. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
ETAR is the biggest I know of Ernie. It's only a 30 drive from Billings. I'll save you a campsite if you can make it.

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Hehehe....30 what?? Hours I assume? I cant even get out of MT in 30 minutes! :0)

I might try it next year, certainly not this year though...

E

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Hours E I'm a bit tired this evening.Last time I dropped my buddy off at Logan in Billings and deadheaded home I hit PA around 3 pm on the second day.

It's a great shoot though. Like to see you make it.We could compare notes on my mid limb theory  :cool:

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »
8000 shooters?  Thats crazy?  that would be fun though but chaotic!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »
If it matters, Denton Hill is a rendevous--not a competition.  Great place to visit though--gobs of fun, more things to do than you can get done in a few days.

Although not as big in number, the South has some of the best tournaments in the U.S.--and they are pretty dang big too.  The TN Classic at Twin Oaks, the Howard Hill, and the Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout are a few that come to mind. These are competitons, but you don't have to compete to have a great time at them.

Chad

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
At Denton you really don't know there are 8000 people there...............unless it rains.

The place is huge and thousands of shooters are out on the courses at any given time. When it rains they all come in to the vendor tents. My buddy is a vendor and loves the rainy days.  :)
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline texophilite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
What are the dates of the Denton shoot this year?  L.
LTH

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
ETAR: July 23, 24, 25, 26
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
What Hornseeker said, it's a one hour drive to anywhere. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
Actually at Denton Hill there are about 3500 to 4000 shooters, the balance is onlookers and that will normally exceed 9 to 10 thousand over the four day weekend.  There are 8, 3D courses so there is always one that isn't really crowded...like Cardiac Ridge.   It's worth a long drive just to enjoy the atmosphere in beautifull country.  Of course I'm partial to Pennsylvania's mountains.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
For the Denton Hill is there a web site to go to and find out the ins and outs such as airports, hotels and schedule of events and a vender list  stuff like that.

Whats the weather like in July, im a California boy i melt in humidity  :saywhat:
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
I've never been to Denton Hill but if you want to speak with someone who knows contact Gorge D. Stout above. He's the man. He will not steer you wrong.  :bigsmyl:

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
The North American Longow Safari used to be pretty big. It moves back and forth between the Western US and Canada
Lucas Kent

Offline larryh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
the longbow safari is limited to 350 this year. it's at 100 mile house b.c., and i think they have a limited space to hold the shoot in. tim meigs and i registered #1 and #2 in s. dakota last year.

Offline sethdiggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by wtpops:
For the Denton Hill is there a web site to go to and find out the ins and outs such as airports, hotels and schedule of events and a vender list  stuff like that.
I don't know if this is an official website or anything, but it has the list of vendors and schedule of events.
 http://www.archeryfestivals.com/etar.php
Damon Howatt Coronado 60" 45#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©