3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: To the friends of Jerry Pierce...  (Read 374 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
To the friends of Jerry Pierce...
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
This coming Sunday, March 15, 2009, marks the 10th anniversary of the death of a great friend of traditional archery and great friend to many of us, Jerry Pierce.

Jerry’s widow, Bettie, is a wonderful woman and friend who has been courageously fighting the ravages of MS for many years.  She is living in a healthcare center in Colorado, and it has been on my heart to ask the friends she and Jerry made in our sport to drop her a card to remember this day and remind her of what she and Jerry mean to all of us.

I realize the time is short to do this, but didn’t want to mention it so soon that the idea was forgotten on the back burner.  If you would like to send a note to Bettie, you can address it to:

Mrs. Bettie Pierce
c/o Doak Walker Care Center
1100 Central Park Dr.
Steamboat Springs, CO  80487

If you were a friend of Jerry’s, I ask your help in encouraging his sweet bride!  If not, thanks for your patience in reading this thread.  If you’d like to know a little bit about this amazing man, take a look at the following link:   www.bowyersedge.com/jerry.html  

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: To the friends of Jerry Pierce...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
Daryl..I appreciated the link to the bowyersedge.

I was humbled by receiving one of Jerry's Choctaw's. I never really new Jerry as well as I would of liked..bhfp
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline NewtoTrad2008

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
ttt
I am new to the trad world and did not know about Jerry before this post. Thank you for enlightening me, he sounds like an incredible individual.
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »
Card & prayers sent from Texas.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
As from MT, thanks Daryl.
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Thanks Daryl.  We were just talking about Jerry a couple of weeks ago.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
Mr. Pierce's bows are very rare and definitely works of art.  His famous "Pierce Points" are popular with great bowyers like Dick Robertson, Dale Dye and others.  

Jerry did not sell any of his bows, but his donations have brought in thousands.  I remember a Pierce bow on Eb@y a couple years ago that sold for over $5000.
Lon Scott

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
Daryl, Thanks alot for the stories of Jerry on our way to Kalamazoo this year.I jsut wish I could have met the man. Flint

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Jerry Pierce story-A friend of mine who past away a few years ago was shooting at a large shoot......Aurora IL I think. He was still shooting wheels back then. He was put in a group with one recurve shooter and a couple of other wheel guys. Randy, my friend spent his down time between targets talking with the recurve shooter. He was impressed when the man told him that he had made his own bow. He flooded him with questions about recurves, longbows and bow-making. Toward the end of their round, the recurve shooter asked Randy what kind of specs he would want in a recurve bow. After that, they exchanged addresses and Randy figured he would drop this guy a note later on. Several weeks later, Randy received a package in the mail from the recurve shooter with a bow made to his specs and a note from the recurve shooter, Jerry Pierce! Randy started building his own longbows shortly after that. When Randy passed away due to complication with diabetes, I told his sister about the Pierce bow and how much it meant to Randy. She search his house for it, but couldn't find it. I figure his ex-wife got there first and sold it. I  hope wherever it is, the new owner appreciate what he has. Anyway, that is the kind of man that Jerry Pierce was! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
I would like to say I was a friend of Jerry Pierce--- I spent a few days at his house back around 1996-97 -- I was the one who photograhped his bows and submitted to Traditional Bowhunnter Magazine-- where they were featured on the front cover --actutually the photo's were taken by a student of my wife's who became a professional photographer.I assisted in the production-- it took several hours !   Thanks TJ
It brought much needed recognition to this man.
As they say the rest is history--!!!!!!
I spoke to Betty Peirce just the other day and I have to say she sounded great -- she  reflects Jerry's very positive attitude---
Lets all wish her well  ---  :) ))   classicbowman

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©