3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KWYK STYK  (Read 728 times)

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
KWYK STYK
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Thinking of getting one.Tell me what you think of these bows?Pics would be great.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: KWYK STYK
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
Curt Cabera (AKA: Guru) shoots one and owns several. He seems to love them. I am still pondering buying one myself...

GURU>>>You out there??
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
never shot one but I held and admired Curt's, if the shelf had'nt been on the wrong side for me I would have shot it. Seemed like a very nice and well made bow.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
I shot a friend's this fall in Alberta.  Very nice bow, good feel and shoots where you look.  When (if) we get past this recession, I'll probably order one.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
I just received mine from Jack. Ordered it last fall. It's an orange coloured cocobolo, with an osage flair, bamboo limbs. 58" @ 52#'s. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it is quiet @ 7.5" BH, very smooth, shoots where you look, and seems fast. I shot a few CE heritage 150's with 145 up front, around 450g. The grip fits like it's made for my hand. Just waiting for the weather to calm down, so I can shoot outside.

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
If I ever order another bow, it will be a Kwyk Styk....great bows that are smooth, fast,quiet and well made.....you don't often see them for sale on the classifieds.

David

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »
ttt

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:00 AM »
In my opinion, there isn't a better shooting bow made!

When I thought I wanted another bow, I started to test drive all the big names. All that did was make me realize what I already had!

Super smooth, quiet(always get comments on how quiet), and fast! (again,always get "man that bow's fast"). Best part is though, they are "easy" to shoot. Must be the forward handle design I guess. Jack Kempf, the bowyer, is a true gentleman....

"Timex" built in '97....63#'s  56"

now she looks like this....

"Cy" built in '07   58#'s  56"

Hope to have another some day!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Riverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
Fantastic bows! My Kwyk Styk is 58" and 54# @ 28. In my opinion, you will not find a better bow or a better man to build it. I also own a Little Grizzly Flatbow 60# 58" and a Stealth Hunter recurve 54# 60"...all Kempf bows. Well built in toughness and detail and all are smooth shooters. Have taken several animals with all three and my only problem is deciding which one to shoot. Hard to beat the Kwyk Styk.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Is there a website???

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
I not only had the pleasure of meeting Curt(Guru) but got the opportunity to check out his Kwyk Styk. Yep Curt shoots backwards(lefty) so I wasn't able to shoot it, but watching him shoot and seeing how smooth it shot I was impressed.  After returning from the Trad Gang hunt down in Texas I contacted Curt and talked with him about the bow.  He gave me Jack Kempf's info and I gave Jack a call and had a wonderful conversation with him about his bows and bowhunting in general.      :thumbsup:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
J William, he does not have a website, just email. Jack told me if he got to messing with the computer he wouldn't get his work done, so he just has an email address.  If you call him he will get one of his catalogs out to you asap. He is up in Canada.

If you would like his email, phone# or addy just shoot Curt or me a PM...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »
joe skipp is a dealer for jack
Mike

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
Joe is an associate sponsor and is a great guy to deal with.....he's the reason I started shooting Kwyk Styks!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
I was lucky enough to find two on the classifieds and have been playing with them for a week or so to determine which fits best...I've shot quite a few QS's along with these and know these bows give up nothing to any other bow.  Very stable, smooth draw, great speed and best of all as easy to point as your hand.  

I've shot several peoples share of bows, the QS's are keepers.

Get in touch with Joe or haunt the classifieds for the unicorn (although there may be one there soon...not two, though   :readit:   )

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Thanks for all the advice guys.Great pics, nice bows Guru!I"m sold,going to order one next week.
Thanks again,RJ

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
Randy....nice talking to you. I mailed out all the information you need plus an order form. Just email me back or call...Joe
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
Jack makes some very good bows. We reviewed the Kwyk Styk and the little grizzly in my trad review pages at  www.peteward.com.  
 I also copied Jacks catalogue onto a page. The prices may have changed, ask Jack about this.
 http://jackkempf.peteward.com/catalog.html

Lately he has been making the grips smaller if you ask. I love the smaller grips!!

Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
I always ask the customer for sketches or a riser if they want it shaped a certain way due to Jacks low wrist grips. Personally, with the small thumb ledge it fits my hands perfectly. However, quite a few guys love the med to high wrist and thats why I request sketches with dimensions. Jack will match your order to the sketch or by sending up the riser.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Joe,  Would  Jack ever consider putting Longbow limbs on one of those buggers?   :saywhat:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©