3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: West Virginia bound. YEEEHAAAW  (Read 1058 times)

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: West Virginia bound. YEEEHAAAW
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
hey Donald!  since you're coming to WV you'll need to keep the 2nd weekend of July open for ATAR. this awesome (traditional only) event is hosted every year by the Traditional Bowhunters of Southern West Virginia. our 2009 shoot schedule is posted on our website along with contact info and directions and on here in the states forum. ATAR is July 10, 11 & 12th. we have members all over so, I'm sure there'll be someone in our club close to where ever you're gonna be.

safe travels
Danny

www.TBSWV.com

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
Good hunting around Morgantown as you know. Sis used to live there and I hunted there for several years when I was stationed in Va Beach. But, everything is up hill or down hill, LOL. Spent the winter there after I retired from the Navy and got snowed in 5 times, said to heck with that and moved back to Guam,LOL. Keith and Wendy are in Fairmont so give them a shout, Keith has some good hunting on his 30 or so acres.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline M.P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
If you can make it,the West Virginia Bowhunters Association is having their biggest event this weekend at Flatwoods(pretty much the center of the state).Bring your bow and do some shooting and meet your fellow Mountaineers here.

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
Well let me be the first to say "howdy" from Mgtn. Give me a shout when you get here we can build bows, knives, do taxidermy,shoot the bow or bull, etc etc oh yeah on a occasion we do bowhunt bowfish and do chit like that.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks to all for the well wishes,  I am so glad Donald is once again employed, but sad to see him go  :(   I have gotten used to him being home,  being unemployed and under financial stress for 4 months will make or break a marriage and I am so glad it made ours, I think we are stronger for it.  Be safe honey I need you home in one piece!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Some body told me if they  would flatten WV it out it would be bigger than Texas.. Sounds like you will be right at home.   :bigsmyl:
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
Don,

If you live/work in Charleston, there are four bowhunting only counties, Logan is one of them, that are about an hour or so South off of I-77.  Good hunting there from what I hear.  I hunted the state for 20+ years with a friend who was born and raised in WV and we hunted in Randolph County.  The mountains became more than my knees could handle.  Glad to hear you got a job and the best of luck to Kimberly and you.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
Congrats Don on your new job. All the best to you and Kimber in your new venture.
hunt it

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Congratulations on the new job and welcome to WV. I lived in Morgantown for 14 years, it's a great place to live. I live in Clarksburg now, only about 45 minutes away. Good luck with the new job and take care.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »
hey WildmanSC!  there is actually 4 bowhunting only counties in southern WV. and you're right...if Donald ends up in Charleston he's getting pretty close to some fine big buck hunting. another benefit of being in Charleston is the KV-TA. a great bunch of traditional guys and, he's only an hour away from the TBSWV club which is just outside of Beckley. all us traditional guys will extend a VERY welcome hand. it won't be long before Donald is just another part of the big WV TRADITIONAL family.

:campfire:    :archer:

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Dont know ya but I'm  sincerely happy for you.
Best of luck to your family.

Regards,
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
We'll have a set of buckskins, coonskin cap, and smoke-pole to trade out for your rattlesnake boots, 10 gallon hat, and beltbuckle, when ya get here!
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
Boys, don't think he'll be in the flats anymore. Y'all go easy on him-at first, lol.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Yeah, those hills are going to be a little different than what you are used to down in Texas!!!

Offline Willrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Congrats man, Its a very beautiful area. I live in Cumberland MD, about an hour or so east. You should have no problems finding plenty of good places to hunt.
Until next time
Willie
Ranger in training
Ben Pearson Strato Jet 50# recurve

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
LOL, bout the time that ole fat man climbs up and down the mountains chasing a deer he won't be saying YEEEHAAAW anymore. ROTFLMAO  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Love ya Bubba!
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Not funny Bro. LOL. Just got to Morgantown. You people were funning me. I have not seen anything except straight up or straight down since I crossed the freaking West Virginia border. LOL. My chest hurts just thinking about trying to walk up one of these MOUNTAINS. They sure ain't hills. LOL  :bigsmyl:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
Just remember to hunt so you can drag the deer DOWN hill!!

I talk from experience!!!  LOL

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
Born and raised outside Charleston....hope one of your legs is longer than the other for walking around them mountains...if not now it will be....by the way those wva boys should be charging you for their weight loss program you are about to begin   lol.....terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Donald,

I lived in Morgantown for fifteen years, a very interesting place....home to West Virginia University....also the highest cost of living in the state.

Coopers Rocks State Forest is about twenty minutes drive from Mo'town....14,000 acres of public hunting...beautiful place!

Welcome!!
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©