3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: pronghorn or crow creek?  (Read 854 times)

Offline ks8674

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
pronghorn or crow creek?
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Looking at getting a 3 piece longbow, trying to decide between a pronghorn and a crow creek. Does anyone have any opinions/comments on them?

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: pronghorn or crow creek?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
I've never handled or shot a Crow Creek but, my Pronghorn is one shooting son of a gun! It is 60" 48# @ 28" and I pull it too 29". Very smooth pulling bow. I got it used and called Herb Meland, the boyer, and he was a great guy to talk too. Answered all my questions with enthusiasm and was very helpful in discussing an optional set of limbs for it. Highly recommend the Pronghorn   :thumbsup:   but, that's because I don't know anything on the Crow Creek.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline carbonarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I have a 3pc 60" pronghorn 58#@28. I love it!
MT 11:28
Come to me all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Offline Desertman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
I too have a 60" 53# three piece Pronghorn. Perhaps Crow Creek is a fine bow, never even seen one; but I KNOW the Pronghorn is a masterpiece!

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
I guess I'm the other side of the coin.  I've shot all of the Crow creek models and they all shot great.  I have a Blackfeather and am very happy with it.  

My blackfeather was the first bow I have ever shot that I didn't have to get use to.  It shot right where I was looking without having to get a feel for it. I would not hesitate to buy another Crow Creek bow.

I've never shot a Pronghorn so don't know anything about them.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »
I cant comment on a Pronghorn, I've never shot one. You cant go wrong with a Crow Creek, they are some smooth shooters. And pretty to look at too.

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
I have a Crow Creek 3 pc. with a set of recurve limbs and a set of long bow limbs. Both shoot very smooth and fast. I personally like the long bow limbs on there. I have read alot of good stuff on the Pronghorns though. I have never shot a Pronghorn but I have shot ALOT of Crow Creeks and they are all nice bows. See alot of them around here.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline Congo Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
I have a 3 piece Pronghorn 55 @ 28 One of the smoothest bows Ive ever shot. I love it.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Not sure if you were looking at the Blackfeather or Mag?

I had the Blackfeather.Craftsmanship is superb and he makes some fancy bows as well if you want something dreesed up.The riser is bigger and has more mass.Throws a pretty quick arrow.Handsome bows

My pronghorn was quieter, more streamlined and lighter in the hand.Might not be quite as quick but I dont chrono bows.Its a tough no nonesence hunting bow with a milder limb design and very well made.Shoots real nice.Limb is more mild reflex/deflex and narrower.I dont think the 0ne I had was centershot?I am not sure though?

Offline fillmorehd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
I have both of them and they both are wonderfull to shoot.  the Pronghorn is so smooth but the blackfeather will drive tacks.  It shoots where its pointed.  Workmanship is great with either one.  I loaned my Pronghorn to a buddy and he wants to keep it.  I think that whatever one you choose will become a friend in short order.  But like steelhead says they are somewhat differnt in deign.

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
How do you get intouch with Herb about a Pronghorn? Does he have a website?
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Crow Creek has a web site

http://www.pactaclures.com/Crow%20Creek%20Bows%203/crow%20creek%203%20home.htm

Elmer's email and phone # are both on there if you would like to ask some questions.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
www.pronghornbows.com

Dont know crow creek.

But love my pronghorn.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
Looks like you have to buy two bows.Kip

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Just got my new Pronghorn.  Smoothest bow I've shot yet.
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline 2manyslickheads

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
I have owned both. I only have the Crow Creeks now and seem to always have another one on order. They are as good or better as any other bow out there.

Martin

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
I have a Crow Creek,Crow Mag, best long bow I have shot.Take a serious look at Crow Creek bows.

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
I've had seven pronghorns and only had one that I didn't like. I've also shot a dozen or more that are owned by others. They really are a great value for the money. Fast and dead in the hand.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
I have owned both and while both bows were nice, the pronghorn was the better shooter, in my opinion.

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
I've never owned or shot a Pronghorn. I now am the proud owner of a Crow Creek. It's one of the best performing and best looking bows made and I've owned most of the "top names". I just got my Crow Creek 3 weeks ago and am very tempted to buy another. Elmer has one for immediate sale on his website that I wish you would buy so that I won't be tempted any longer. I really don't like sleeping in the garage. Good luck with your decision.

Kyle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©