3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about your Zephyrs!  (Read 282 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tell me about your Zephyrs!
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I will be trying the Zephyr Sasquatches this year.I would like to hear stories, Pros and Cons,  see Pics of kills using these heads. Anything you can share about these heads. They fly really good for me, and the cutting diameter really is what I am most excited about. My set up is ....2 Black Widow plx longbows
       58, and 62#s @28 inches
       Ad trads...Total arrow weight 715 grains.  

So lets hear it guys  :readit:    :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about your Zephyrs!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
I used the broadhead for the first time this year. They are sharp out of the package but a few swipes on the KME and they are scary! Big head which I was a little concerned about since I'm shooting about a little over 51#'s...they flew great on my CE 150's with 50 grains up front.

My arrow had a complete pass through on this very large bodied button buck, I took him a little under 15 yards from a tree he went a total of 20 yards from where he was shoot.

I've read some peole get a noise out them when they fly but I never have.  Great head it was still super sharp after going through the deer I would have used it again but I thought I would remember the deer who's life I took and I buried it in his final resting place.

Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
260# GA buck - 64# MOAB Longbow - 580 grain Arrow Dynamic Trad Heavies - Zephyr Sasquatch

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
260# GA buck - 64# MOAB Longbow - 580 grain Arrow Dynamic Trad Heavies - Zephyr Sasquatch

:eek:  Terry, I never get sick of seeing that buck!!

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
Blackhills Longbow,  58" 51#@28'.  This past season,  180 lb buck broadside to the chest.  Pass thru, just hanging by fletch,  turkey, dropped right there.  Small hog,  went 30 yds.  Sasquatch head
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »
I can never resist posting this pix   :saywhat:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
even with this:

I had enough issues with them to quit using them. It seems they would be a perfect head, wide, vented, precision furrel (SP) good bleeder. But I had several main blade's break loose from the furrel, I called Hornes and they thought maybe I was getting them to hot in the mounting. So I epoxied them on my shaft, also had a couple failures after that. I hope some one can tell me everything is ok now, I would love to use them as they are a killin head for sure but untill I know for sure they wont come apart, I will stick to my zwickey deltas..    but a failure in a broadhead isnt acceptable , given, the heads came apart pulling them out of targets, animals and such but one happened in a block target!!
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Wow, how long ago was that Dave  :confused:

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
I think it was '05 .. but I had alot of issues with them and it all was from the welds (braze?) breaking where the main blade and furrell attached..I spoke with everyone I knew and really couldnt get a answer other than what was stated above with the possibility of getting them to hot, but have heard of a couple other folks having the same issue... hopefully they may chime in..I hate to be the only negative post and would love to hear a problem was identified and corrected.. I should clarify this was the sasquatch head  which is the only zephur I have shot.
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
I read about the breaking but haven't experienced any yet. I practice with broadheads a lot and have hit the crossmember of my target stand (a treated 4x4) quite a few times pushing my distances broke two arrows but haven't had the broadhead or weld fail. I use the screw ins not glue ons.

The bleeder blade came out in my deer (stuck in the rib bone) but i still had full peneration and I've seen a lot of bleeder blades come out of other brands.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
I dont have the bleeders in the heads, they are the glue ons. I cant put them in because of the steel insert.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©