3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ''My Neck of the Woods"  (Read 455 times)

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
''My Neck of the Woods"
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
Hey guys, I just finished Bryce Lambley's new book, "My Neck of the Woods".

I enjoyed every page, he did an excellent job.
The last section, Close to Home, was simply outstanding, IMO. Makes a fellow examine his life and priorities.

I applaud his efforts in this book and hope you folks enjoy it at much as I did.
                              Pat

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ''My Neck of the Woods"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
I haven't read Bryce's book but I've always enjoyed his submissions to TBM.  Sounds like a library addition.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
I am in the process of reading it.. I agree a very good book and well written.
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Bryce is a great guy and his words reflect that. This book is very diverse and should have something for everyone. I talked to Bryce the other day and he said he is working on his second book now as well. I hope you all get a chance to pick one up. Mike

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Mike, I want you to know that I have your new book as well and am starting it.. Everyone has given it great accolades! Looking forward to reading it !
                Pat

Offline tjp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
Mike,

I picked up a copy of your book from Bryce at the NBA Banquet last weekend.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  I will second everything you have to say about Bryce.  He is a great guy and an outstanding writer who I am proud to have as a friend.

Tom

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
i just finished my copy a couple of weeks ago.  I have felt alot of the same feelings Bryce has put on paper.  A great read!!!!

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
I read it last year right after it came out. Will be reading again. Excelant book! Must have! I have hunted some of the ground he talks about in his book from when he was in college. Kind of neat to walk in his neck of the woods. Bryce is a great guy!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Bryce is an awesome guy!  His book is a must read!

:thumbsup:  

Ryan

Offline highPlains

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
I am half way through and thoroughly enjoying the book. I hope I can meet him someday.
>>---> TC
Rocky Mountain Specialt

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
Great book, and Bryce seems like a really nice guy who is a very dedicated hunter.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Online Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
I agree it is an excellent book.  You need to add this book to your library.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Finished mine last week as well. Good job Mr. Lambley. Well worth it.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
If someone want to sell one contact me.
I would like to read a good book.
Thanks

Offline tjp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
Here is a link to a downloadable flyer on Bryces book.  I t also includes ordering information.

http://www.prairieimages.com/images/MNOW%20flyer.pdf

Tom

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
What a nice good morning for me to see this thread started yesterday.  I was attending the State Basketball Tournament here in NE, following my hometown team which made it to state for the first time in 30 years dating back to...well, let's just say it was another trip down Memory Lane.   :)  

Thanks so very much for the kind words on My Neck of the Woods, men.  It is very gratifying to get that kind of feedback.  For 99% of us, writing is NOT a great way to make money.  Instead it is a way to share our passion for something, and to make permanent our thoughts and feelings about something that means something dear (deer) to us.  I appreciate those of you who support this venture more than you will know.  For self-published adventure books with a rather narrow niche market (such as mine and Herd Bull's), the initial investment is very high and even with a sellout, the financial rewards are meager.  Like I said, I am flattered and humbled by the support I've received thus far.

As Tom stated above, a follow-up is in the works and I hope to have it ready yet this calendar year.

My Neck of the Woods is available directly from me by personal check or money order for $20 (which includes postage) at:  Bryce Lambley, 720 Boulevard St. Lot 31, Fremont, NE 68025.  Add'l books same shipment are $18.  For those with a credit card, I'd refer you to Kustom King and Three Rivers, sponsors here, who carry the book.

And again, I thank you all very much.  TradGang has been such a supportive venue for us traditional bowhunters.

Bryce
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Your writing efforts have been much appreciated Bryce. Seems to flow from you much easier than you seem to realize. I trust you saw the review I did for the latest issue of TBM. Keep writing. Thanks.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
Great book Mr. Lambley, just finished it thursday and now starting "One With the Wilderness" I picked up at the Pig Gig.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
I have truly enjoyed Bryce's book.  Lots of great whitetail meat and potatoes with plenty of adventure thrown in for a great mix...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©