3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Southeastern Traditional Championship Memories!  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Southeastern Traditional Championship Memories!
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »

This was the 3rd Annual but I'm not sure what year....

Joey looks like a little kid!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

Newspaper article from the 1991 shoot.
ANOTHER 2nd place finish for me...DRATS!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
Thanks for posting those Biggie. Doug I will work on getting you a copy of the pics.

Offline Douglas DuRant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Two Hatcket, Thanks that will mean a lot to me. I'll reimburse you any cost. It was 97 when I ended up with that group in your pictures.

Biggie, I think 93 or 94 was the first year I shot there. It was the fall of 91 when I returned to shooting real bows.

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Doug, checked my emails and got your message. I think it was 93 or 94 when I first shot there too. Are you still shooting primitive style bows.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Nice pics Biggie. Thanks for sharing them.

Offline Douglas DuRant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Two Hatchet I do still enjoy and shoot my homemade English longbows. Aside from my 2 English Longbows I also shoot several fiberglass bows including a Dan Quillian Patriot Recurve, a Fredrick R/D longbow, and a Robertson Purist Hill style longbow. I am currently tillering a Bamboo backed Osage with a Purpleheart handle I have in the works.

My Yew ELB, and Fredrick Longbow are the two bows I shoot the most followed by the Patriot. Lately I have devoted my shooting to the Robertson Purist Hill style, but that may change when I finish this BBO.

I might get good if I would stick with just one bow, but I guess I'll save my fidelity for my bride of 36 years. My bows don't seem to mind if I flirt and spend time with another bow!

I have often regretted I didn’t have a picture of the 97 winners. I got to shoot with Ron Weatherman and Keith Bain on Saturday. I was a bit intimidated at first, but loosened up and edged Ron out by 1 point on the second round course. Keith won the longbow, and had the highest overall score, but Ron shot the only perfect score, and did that on the Sunday championship round to win recurve. Somehow I ended up getting a Primitive place on the rock. It must have been the company I shot with that rubbed off on me that year. It was one of those memories to look back on thanks to the Hoods and their Robin Hood range.

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Doug that just answered one of my questions. I was trying to figure out who some of the other shooters were on the pics. Ron was one of the guys in Question. He was one of the Florida guys if I remember right. I don't think I've seen him since the Robin Hood shoots.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Biggieeeeeeee.........it was 1992...my trophy was bigger and longer in 93   :rolleyes:   Look how skinny we were......DD hasn't changed a bit.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Douglas DuRant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Yes Ron is one of the Florida TBOF group. He was President of TBOF at the time, and one fine shooter and gentleman. He is a top notch hunter too.

I shot against a couple of top Florida shooters on Sunday in the primitive group. Tom Stanley was the previous year's winner, and fine self bowyer. I think Jim Jones from FL placed second, and Mike T? got 3rd in primitive. Todd Slater won youth and shot with the same group as I did on Saturday.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »

Yep...DD looks the same today as he did then.
That looks like Big Brian Harvey in the background. Fourth from the lefy is Chuck Booth. I'll need some help with the other guys????
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
That's not one of the Dauler boys at the far right, is it???
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
Doug Dauler on the right shooting a Choctow Chief by the late Bobby Lofton

Mike "Trigger" Kenney with kakhi shorts on when he use to shoot Right handed before he found his dominant eye!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
No that's not Dougie in the DD picture....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
he's too tall ..your right.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
And that's Chuck Bolding not Chuck Booth.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
I remember shooting a round with some tall guy from Clemson named Monty.  He was shooting solid glass fish arrows out of his 90 pound longbow.  He gave a demo on the toughness of his arrows by placing one on his bowstring and taking aim and releasing at a big boulder 15 yards away.  Took the arrow some time to make it to the target but when it finally did it bounced halfway back intact.  "That's cool Monty."  Monty says, "Wait...one more!"  Unbeknownst to myself and others in the group, this arrow had a blasting cap on the tip.  The arrow struck the boulder dead center and then created one heck of a racket with the ensuing explosion.  All around the course you could hear people yelling "that Monty!"  Guess they had seen him do that before.
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

This was definately at Hoods and the date on the back says 1992 but it wasn't the Southestern. Didn't we have a club challenge or something?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
cool thread guys    :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
My first time I shot with Ed Sandefur. I havn`t seen him in years.I met Trigger there as well. I think he had a stroke? does anyone know how he is doing.

I have met and shot with Mr. Weatherman and he is a very good shot. Also A fellow named Parnell Oliver from Fla.Good people.Tom Swift and Thom Rogers as well.RC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©