3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Sheepeater Spirit" Static Recurve...PICS  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
"Sheepeater Spirit" Static Recurve...PICS
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »
For you folks that requested I post some pics of my new Sheepeater...here they are.

59#@28"  Bocote Handle with Leather, Tonkin Limb Back under clear glass, Black Glass Belly, Osage/Bacote handle belly overlays, Bacote Tip Overlays, and Sheep Horn Tips over Bacote.

I named her "Double Vision" for the cool "extra" eyeball (grain knot) she has in the Bacote Handle. She's a looker aint she?  Brent thought she may be the purdiest yet. She shoots so well for a short/short bow you have to get behind one yourself before you will believe me.  Must be the Static tips.  Anyway...it'll be fun totin this beaut around this spring for Turkey and Bears. I'm not the best photographer and the clouds were thick but you'll get the idea.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Sheepeater Spirit" Static Recurve...PICS
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
SWEET!!!

Pretty bow.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
That is a good lookin bow there.

Sweet little one you got there too!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »
Awesome bow Randy, congrats.

Cute kid!

My wife wants to know what the dark thing is mounted on the wall in the full draw pic..Javie?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline longbow357

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
these bows look really nice, and seem like very "down to bussiness" hunting bows. that one is really nice with the bacote and tonkin.

does it have clear glass on the back - or no glass?

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Beauty goodluck with the bow!

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
Nother question...is it hard to string?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
did you have to ask for the leather grip?, the ones on thier website are something else
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Their standard grip is rattan...and it is really comfy and easy to hold onto sweaty paws and all.

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
I had the opportunity to shoot one of these at the expo this year----and I am here to tell ya' they are just AWESOME! Short, light, and just plain fast.
 I am saving for one right now....

Jeff

Offline doublewhopper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
nice looking bow.

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
NIce bow
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Wingnut...those are some fine looking bamboo lams there arent they.  They have some of the purdiest Osage I've seen too, but you may know that already.   ;)  

Ferrets wife...thats my "Beauty from the Boulders" Black Bear mount in that pic. Kind of hard to see back there.  
Are they hard to string?...you do have to pay attention but I wouldnt say it's hard.  I use the stringer with the nylon sheath at one end and the rubber slider on the other.  About half way into the pull you have to slide the rubber thingy down about 3 inches with the string loop in front of it, then finish the pull and then loop the string on.  I got good real fast.

longbow357...yes clear glass

Ian...just tell them leather grip, shelf etc.  They will (try to) bend over backwards to get you want you want.  I doubt Brent or Mark can actually bend over backwards anymore ( I know I cant).   :help:

Jbiorn... you have shot this bow so you know you are gonna like it but I'm gonna say it anyway...Jbiorn, you are gonna love your bow.
   :thumbsup:

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Nice looking bow.  Your going to enjoy it.

Mine is on their website.  It's the one on the left with the floppy leather rest.  I see you didn't go for the wrapped handle.  I like it very much.

Mike
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
Nice pics, Randy.   That is a beauty!  Randy was fortunate to have a hand in helping build his bow,  - adds to the fun of toting it.  

We will add a shelf in the riser, with some limitations....and will also do leather on the handle....but I'm with Mike, I love the rattan.  The rattan will also outlast that leather grip by a longshot.  But I know guys have their preferences.    

Nice finish on that bow there, Randy...now go and kill something with it!  - Mark
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Well guys, the news is out, we are now producing the Sheepeater Spirit in bamboo! That's what I'm Tonkin about. Don't even wonder, we are getting these beautiful lams from some guy named Mike at Dryad Bows. Mr. Westvang was kind enough to produce a run of Tonkin for this project. If you have ever had any questions about the quality of Mike's work, don't know why you would, rest assured he is a perfectionist. Quality materials make quality bows. Thanks Mike and Jason. How does it shoot? I couldn't believe it. This material is simply awesome. It is an east meets west dill that works.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
Brent, "east meets west dill"? You are gonna wind up in a pickle.  :D

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
Yeah Justin, east.......Tonkin Bay China bamboo and west meaning we are in the west. you take the two, add epoxy, cure for four hours at 150 degrees, carry the one, do the guzentas..........east meet west dill.

You still aint over me eating your sandwich in Boise are you?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
You ate my sandwich?
Don't you know that the best way to avoid a criminal conviction is to remain silent! Haha. I was making fun of your Texican. East meets west 'deal' is of course pronounced 'dill' as you wrote it ....which is a weed/spice used in pickle making. Are you confused yet? I'm doing my best.

Seriously, I enjoyed meeting you guys at the show. Congrats on the awesome bows.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »
OK Justin, time for some TeXican cultural training. A deal is someting you make with your paw in order to keep from getting a whoopin after you got caught. A dill is a thingy. I wernt thinking of making a deal with the east in order to "excape" a whoopin, but it is a dill, an East Texas slang used to confound and amaze. And I dont use weed!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©