3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Sheepeater Spirit" Static Recurve...PICS  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Sheepeater Spirit" Static Recurve...PICS
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
The sandwich, ei. sammich, was insane, you shoulda et with us. tasted like chicken.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »
Haha.  Gotta craving for a Mega Meat Lover's plate from Denny's? Even after all the pain I ordered another one a couple of day's ago.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 04:25:00 AM »
I have no idea what you'all are talkin' about    :smileystooges:   ....all I know is that is one awesome little bow!!   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    

Enjoy it brutha......lets see a pic or two this spring with a nice merriams and another "beauty form the boulders"
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 07:28:00 AM »
Brent,

Thanks for the kind words on the lams.  Yep, it's true we are in cahoutes with them Yankees from Montana (actually only one is a yankee).  They use our lams to make beautiful bows and we use the yew they supplied us to do the same.  Pretty good dill for everyone.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Mark...looks like the website is down?
congrats on the success...the bows look great.
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
Thanks Curt, nothin would make Brent and Mark happier than a nice big bird or Bear notch on my (theres) bow.  Brents gonna take me to his bear honey hole this spring and I'm gonna call one in for him.  :scared:  If he lets me.  Gotta warm up first on some gophers though.  They are out!

:bigsmyl:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
Dang, I need to move    :knothead:    Hopefully I'll be back out your way come Sept.....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Oh yeah? You puttin back in for a tag this year?
I wish you better luck than my Vermont buddies have had the last few years.  Yeah big game hunting practically year-round if you want to aint such a bad thing.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Yeah Bud, Decided at the last minute to put in for a deer tag,and I'll put in to get my antelope tag later on.....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
Curt...maybe this time we'll have a  chance to meet up.  I missed you guys last fall.   Hunting season has a way of messin up the social scene around here!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
I plan to use my Sheepeater to hunt antelope it should work great from a blind or stalking.

Mark, Social scene? Our social scene around here this morning was about a zillion songbirds happy to see spring, turkeys gobbling from the mountain above the house, Canada geese honking over head and elk mewing in the field below the house. Nice time of year.

Is my new bow done yet?
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
Chad, you have a Sheepeater coming?  Oh man now we have to do a bear hunt this spring.  Maybe we can get Mark and Brent and maybe Walt and Doug to join in.  Walt sounded interested the other day when I mentioned it to him.

Curt, that deer only tag is a tuff one.  It is a pet peeve of mine the fish and game doesnt give out more of them.  My buds have drawn that one once in 5 years.  They drew it there first year and not since.  They put in for the combo this year to up there chances about 5 fold.  Hopefully you can beat the odds...somebodys got to right?    :pray:

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Dianne, Brian and I applied for the Montana NR deer tags this year. Tough to draw huh?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Dang, I wish I knew that!! But truth be told,I just couldn't afford the combo at the deadline...so we'll see    :(    :readit:    Had I known that though,I might have worked a bit harder to get some stuff done   :banghead:

Still will probably come out to hunt 'lopes though...

Looks like I might get a chance to shoot one of these wonderful little bows    ;)
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
Dang, another bow to consider for my next purchase!  Too many choices, too little money!

Mark, some queistions:

If no shelf, wht kind of rest do you put on?  What is the turnaround time frome ordering to shipping?

Man, I gotta stop reading these posts about new bows!

Lee  :banghead:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Good luck Curt on the deer tag,I hope you draw bud.I am just putting in for the Antelope tag for my son and I.This will be his first antelope hunt and he is pumped,So am I.

Sure hope to meet up with some of the Montana trad gang while we are there,Looking forward to it.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Sorry to do that to ya Lee,  Mrs. Lee.  :p

Ferret, Curt...yes very hard to draw for a "Deer only" tag.  The state only gives out slightly over 2000 of them. With everyone applying the odds are around 1 in 8.  I've heard 1 in 10 also but not sure its that bad.  Odds for drawing Elk/Deer Combo are almost 50%. They pretty much force you to put in for the combo but who can fly out in Sept. for Elk and then come back for Deer Rut.  Not a bad deal if you can spend a month but who can do that.  My friends drew their deer only tag the first time they applied so maybe they give preference to first timers or they were lucky.  Problem was they thought there luck would hold no matter how many times I told them what the odds were and they have been unsuccesful the last 4 times puttin in.  They finally found the odds/numbers for themselves and believe me now.  They put in for the combo this time around.  Now they complain about preference points and gettin Nickel and Dimed to death.  It's always somethin aint-it?    :thumbsup:

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Randy we applied as a group, does that raise or lower your odds?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lee Viv:

If no shelf, wht kind of rest do you put on?  What is the turnaround time frome ordering to shipping?

Lee
Lee here are a couple pics of mine.  The rest is a piece of leather and I highly recommand it over a shelf.  It's as close as you'll get to shooting off your hand without the drawbacks.

Sorry for the poor pics.  My camera is due to be replaced.

1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
Lee,

I can cut a shelf into a Sheepeater like Randy has in his pics. Mike's is the traditional handle with a leather rest. I personally shoot without a shelf off the leather tab. I find it more forgiving and allows you to shoot a wider range of spines, weights and arrow materials. Turn around time is 90 days or so at this point. Curt, I sent you a pm, let me know.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©