3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about the Samick Red Stag - bow arrived, pics added  (Read 765 times)

Offline traditional beagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about the Samick Red Stag - bow arrived, pics added
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
I think that if the bow had another well known bowyers name on the limb and listed as a new bow in his line, then a lot of so called experts would swear it shot better than a foreign made bow. I know some bows excel but a lot of average shooters can't tell the difference. Including myself. You got you a nice bow. Enjoy.

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
never seen a clydesdale whitetail before  :p
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by ozy clint:
never seen a clydesdale whitetail before    :p  
howzat?  lol   If you're referring to the deer target, its the Rinehart Broadhead Buck.  Best 3D deer target out there, IMO.

Edit:  Looking back at the pic, you must be talking about those enormous feet on that thing!  I guess I never really noticed them until now.

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
Rod
You gonna bring the new bow to Bastrop tomorrow.
Scott
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna break it in tomorrow.  I just hope we aren't wading through a foot of water like last weekend at Tupawek.

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
rod251,

Would you mind emailing me with the cost of the Red Stag. I will be bow-less on Tuesday.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Shifting Shadow.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
That's prett sharp looking.  Nice.
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
Shadow, it came from TradTech, a division of Lancaster Archery.  They list for $169.00.  With shipping, the total was $180 and some change.  I forget the exact amount, but it was under $181.

Scott, today was the first shoot this year where you didn't beat me by 1 point...you beat me by 2 points!  I shot a 5 on the bonus for a 159.  I didn't have any blanks but I had too many fives and not enough tens.  I gotta keep practicing so I can get you one day!  You took 1st again this week.  Good shooting!

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
I love the guys who decry buying an imported bow, and praise the heavens for Korean made Carbon Express arrows, have an imported cell phone, and various imported electronic marvels about their residence.   Good grief.

That's a beautiful bow and affordable.

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
Nice bow...looks like you have a beautiful place to shoot as well.
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
George, I hear you brother!  I'm as patriotic as the next person, and I'm as proud as can be to live in this great country.  I've set foot in every state west of Louisiana and met some great folks along the way.  I've been to the Vietnam Memorial Wall in D.C. and traced my uncle's name from it, a man who gave his life because Uncle Sam asked him to.  I've walked through Arlington National Cemetary and stood in silent awe as the rows upon rows of soldiers' graves left me speechless.  Yet through all this, I still feel that there's no reason we can't support each other globally.  I'm pretty sure Koreans and Chinese folks gotta eat too.  I'd bet they would agree.  If folks think that makes me less patriotic then they are, oh well, they don't know me very well.

Red Boar, thanks.  The background in the photo of the deer target is my front yard.  The house sits off to the right of where I was standing.  My wife, 3 daughters, and I live on 6.5 acres that is surrounded by 32,000 acres of public hunting ground.  The opportunities for deer, turkeys, hogs, and small game are some of the best in the state.  We are almost 3 miles off the main highway.  I love it out here!

Offline osiristheclown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Nothing at all wrong with Samick bows, and a good many others out there. I have to side with George here, I will bet you all aren't accessing this site on a computer made of components produced here in the USA. I will also bet those who cry about bows produced outside the USA own custom bows made entirely out of WOODS NOT NATIVE TO THE USA! So, I ask you naysayers, was your bow made in the USA, or assembled in the USA from foreign parts?

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Rod I tried to call last nite to see how things turned out. Sounds like we both had the same problem with too many fives. I have a hard time shooting high enough to score points I love the good old heart shot. Well maybe in May we can get together and shoot till then its turkey season.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline shootist1952

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Hi guys.Well this is my first post here stating my feelings on a subject,rather than asking a question.I hope no will be offended about what I am about to say because that is really not my intent.First off really nice bow!Second..I bet there are quite a few American workers who would have loved to be given the chance to make and sell one to you.You know everytime I here comments about there being nothing wrong with buying goods made out of the country I wonder how the people making the comments would feel if it were work/money going out of there pockets.Based on what the news has been lately it seems we are in a bit of a depression (opps I mean recession)here with lots of people out of work and the resulting disasters because of it.So gee lets think about this...lets see if we continue to send manufacturing jobs out of the country then there are less jobs paying a living wage,hmmm...less jobs/less money,hmm..less money/less purchasing,hmmm...less purchasing less jobs.All the economic stimulas packages this government can think of is not going to restore the standard of living this country was once famous for untill the manufacturing base is brought back.I live in Maine and have seen the textile and shoe industries destroyed by the "lower price is allways better " crowd,the paper industry is not far behind and while not all of the problems are from cheap imports (and I do mean cheap,the quality of most is deplorable)the bulk of the problems are.You can not expect a country and its people to be strong,vibrant,and optimistic,when the only future they have is to pedal other countries goods while having to live on a fraction of what they use to make.You might say that many people buy imported goods all the time,you may imply the hypocrisy of it but the fact of the matter is there is no choice but to buy imported goods because of the greed of the businesses that left the country not giving a dxxnm about the destroyed lives of theyre own countrymen they left behind.I have nothing against people from other counties,I just think it is prudent to be concerned about my own countrymen first,if you look at other countries trade policies you will see they sure do,and that we as a nation are the laughing stock of the world for our trade policies.Here in Maine it is a disaster with many places closing down one after the other,many people didnt think it could get much worse after we lost most of our manufacturing base,but it did.The next job lost might be yours,think bout it.Please,please,please,do not take offense to this post I do NOT mean to offend anyone,this is just my view base on a real life....mine.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
personally, i'd rather buy 100% usa made, but these dayze that's the exception to the rule since the vast majority of usa based manufacturers have offshore connections for between a small part to all of their wares.  

to get back close to the topic, i've done a fair amount of asian bow testing and i'll reiterate what i've alreadn typed - most of these bows ain't bad at all ... BUT, for what i've seen and tested, almost any usa bowyer/manufacturer produces a bow with better materials, craftsmanship and overall design.  this is NOT to say the red stag is a 'bad bow', but to have prospective bow buyers consider a usa bowyer made bow - either new or used.

yes, george - ommv.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
The Red Stag is one of the best values out there in its' price range  . It shoots well and is easily tuned. I have to agree wholeheartedly with George about the arrow stuff...are there any shafts out there that are made in the USA or Canada...I can't think of many!!BTW...Chek-Mate bows are produced in Canada...hmmm    :wavey:

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
rod251,

Have you put your 45# Stag on a bow scale?  Just wondering how close it is to its listed draw weight.

Have you tried gripping it with just your thumb and index finger?  That's how I usually grip a recurve.

Thanks
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline rod251

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
Shadow, it pulls 43# @28, which is perfect for me since I have a small frame.  I was worried it would be heavier than marked.
  I do something similar with my grip.  I bring my index finger around and touch the tip of it to the tip of my thumb while pressing the base of my thumb against the grip, much like I grip a compound.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
I called LAS last week to order a Red Stag TD and was advised against it as "we have been having some problems with them and they are working on that." I ordered a different bow which the guy recommended which is also a Samick for my grandson.  

The issue of off-shore work and non-American made products is a complex one with no simple solution.  American labor has in many ways been its own worst enemy with ever growing demands for higher and higher wages, benefits, and retirement entitlements that cannot be sustained (witness what has happened to the "Big 3" auto makers). Maybe the standard of living we have thought so necessary is not after all.  Just my perspective     :saywhat:  ........Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »
I'm starting out with a Samick also. As a starter bow, I think it's just fine. Mostly I've been enjoying shooting. They are fun!!!
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©