3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Niff T Seat size?  (Read 208 times)

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
Niff T Seat size?
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
I'm going to order one soon. I think I want the tall, since my legs cramp if I sit too low. Anyone else have the tall size?
All are portable on the belt, correct?

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Niff T Seat size?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Yep.
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Bowtie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
I've used a Niff-T-Seat for several years for archery and what-ever.  Great seat!  The model that I have has the 6" and 11" poles.  Most of the time I use only the 11".  I can assemble both to a 17" height.  I think there's a 22" pole, but for me (5' 8"), that would be too high.  Yep, belt portable.
The work praises the man.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
Back when I got mine they only had the one size with both pieces.

I have to admit that I almost never use both pieces but I have on a few occasions.  To me it's one of those situations where its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  And of course it goes without saying that regardless of the fact that I seldom use both at once, I ALWAYS need to use one or the other and seldom know which one will be needed until I get set up.  On flat ground it's usually the longer of the two but on a slope facing downhill, the short one is about right.  I've used the two together when setting up in higher weeds while gun hunting and while set up in a ditch or depression bowhunting.

You're gonna like it for sure.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
I have two of them, the one withthe two different sized poles. I love the seats, but find they creak a lot when you shift your weight. The metal bar that swings out to open the seat pad bends and goes through a small hole. The metal- to- metal contact at that point is the source ofthe noise, and I have not been able to get it quiet. I wish they would make them with a replaceable plastic bushing at that point, as that is really the only wear point on the whole seat.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline cedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
I usually use the 11" pole with mine.  It is a very nice seat. I just wish I could sit in it for more than 45 minutes without it killing my behind.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
I use both poles on mine when elk hunting.  Makes a good quick setup when calling bulls.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »
I have the one with the two sizes of poles and usually use the longer pole.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©