3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Groundblinds ?  (Read 328 times)

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
Groundblinds ?
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
I have always made my own but this year I've got a little one hunting W/ me so I wanted something comfy. I just can't justify spending 400 bucks on a double bull. Is there anything out there worth a darn in the 200-250 price range?
                   Thanks, Phil

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Groundblinds ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
The Cabelas Predator Den is a good blind at a good price....  :thumbsup:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Fatman, Is there room to shoot a 62" longbow out of it?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Look at the Ground Max. I have one of the smaller ones and it works good. I saw a real big Ground Max at cabells and think it was under $200.

Bisch

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

Offline sputterman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
I have a ameristep brick house its plenty big enough for two people and costs around $150.00.Easy to setup also.
MEAT ON THE TABLE HORNS ON THE WALL!!!

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Phil, I shoot a 62" longbow out of it....I do cant the bow....
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.
                 Phil

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
Phil....the ASAT quickie blind is a great blind for $250

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
how about $150?  :D  Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite

Check this one out, I got it and love it. 80"tall too
 http://www.marinegeneralcatalog.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2133

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »
If you have a Cabellas near you, check you their bargain cave.  The one by us almost always has a Double Bull Matrix or two for $289.  That's where I got mine.

I shoot my 66" longbow from mine and have plenty of room for one or both of my boys.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
I just got a "Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite" like Trapper Dave.

I haven't hunted out of it yet, but I'm pretty impressed with it.  Very easy up/down, black interior, well made, fabric doesn't shine.  Now how long it will last, I have no idea.  And if turkeys can stand it, I don't know.

I got mine from The Country Store, delivered, for $157.49.

I was very pleased with it.  I had the money, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $500.00 for a DB.  The DB is probably a better product,but not by $350.00.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
I'm 6'5" and I can stand up in it.  I can shoot my 64" recurve easily.

This one is much higher quality than the Ameristeps that I've seen.
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Todweelz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Just got my enforcer elite, From the country store, there were no more fall camo @ $160, only the Backlands camo and they are $215 shipped alot of money for fu-fu camo but the blind looks like it will work really well. One note I contacted Yukon tracks and they said they are not making the eforcer elite any longer?? Marine general and the kittering trading post were both sold out of the enforcer elite.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
A Rancho Safari Ghillie suit
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
I have a stack of ground blinds right now I am starting to look like a ground blind collector of some sort. I have DB blinds,Ameristep blinds, Ground Max blinds and a few others. To be honest they all work well some are built tougher, others are lighter to carry, some have better shooting widows than the others and so on. One of my Favortives right now is the AmeriStep Bully blind I liked my first one so well I ordered a second  blind for up coming turkey season.Its not the largest blind but I shoot 54" and 56" bows easy out of the blind from a DB tri stool/chair. Its light to carry around 14lbs It sets up real fast. I am also sold on the 3D camo it blends so well it's hard for me to see the blind from a distance and I have never had a game animal pay any notice to the blind and That includes deer,hogs, and turkeys. One thing I think people forget is a huge blind is great for room,but it is also harder to hide and blend in to go unnoticed from game.Not a big deal for turkeys but deer and hogs notice a huge blind really fast when approching. The draw back on my bully blind you can forget shooting anything over 58" in the bully blind unless you can really get creative with bow angles. The Ground Max is also a great blind lots of shooting room and easy to carry and setup.I also like the ground max when 2 people are in the blind it still has lots of room. My DB T2 is a great blind but once again my 56 longbow is about max length bow for the blind I care to use.The DB Darkhorse I have is a great blind and the groundswat camo really blends into the woods here. I had deer within 5 feet of the Dark horse this fall and they never seemed scared at all.

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Steel, Are you refering to the ground max predator den? I've about narrowed it down to that one. Others have said you can shoot a longer bow out of it & set up is easy.

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Yep I have the old "tree" camo groundmax and the cabelas predator den groundmax same blind different camo. Really for the money its hard to beat the Predator den and it works with most longbows unless you are shooting something like 68" long which may be possiable also I don't have a bow that long.

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the help.
                    Later, Phil

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©