3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can you use any arrow for fluflu's  (Read 192 times)

Offline sputterman

• Trad Bowhunter
Can you use any arrow for fluflu's
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
I know i'm asking alot of green horn questions these days.But is there a limit or a standard to what you can use for a flu flu? Do you need to stay in a certain weight range or anything?
MEAT ON THE TABLE HORNS ON THE WALL!!!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can you use any arrow for fluflu's
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Yes you can pretty much use anything for Flu Flus.  The reason is because with a Flu Flu the arrows correct so fast because of all the feather surface area that even if you are under spined the arrow will still shoot good.  Now I mean with in reason.  I would not recommend shooting a 40# spine shaft out of a 70# bow.  A lot of the wood Flu Flus I have are 55# spine but my actual hunting arrows are 75# spine out of a 57# bow.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »
I allways use the same arrow i shoot or hunt with for flu flu,s But as Mr Fishell stated any thing with in reason will work because of the big feathers.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
I did,I fletched up some old 2317's and used them for flu flu's.Way too stiff an arrow for my bows,left over from wheel bow days,but they  shot great as a flu flu.

Online JackP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
I always use junk arrows as flu flu's ... That way it doesn't bother me when they get messed up.

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
The technique and range is much different with a flu-flu.  The shafts should just be consistant with each flu-flu for optimum performance and stiff enough to be safe.  The drag of the flu-flu will torque a bit more than a regular arrow to start out but strighten very quickly.  Amen to the 'junk'  I make a lot of shots with a flu-flu I would not with a new hunting arrow so I reccomend a good straight but used shaft. (leftovers/gimmees/range 'finders' are all good)
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
I always used my "throw away" arrows because my flu flu's are primarily used for squirrel hunting.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©