3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: paradox  (Read 247 times)

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
paradox
« on: March 13, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
All my bows are cut to center or past but one. It's cut 1/8th out. When shooting I see a kick in the arrow that I don't see with my other bows. Bugs me!! Bow has been tuned, accuracy is great. bare and fletched shoot together still see the kick. It's right out of the bow, kick then down the middle. Is this the arrow paradox from the 1/8th out I'm seeing?

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: paradox
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
The paradox is always there whether you see it or not Dave. With a bow cut 1/8th out you need to be a lot more on with the spine choice than on one cut to center. The cut to center bow allows you to build the shelf out and tune the bow to the arrow more.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Yea. I know that. I just see it more with this bow for some reason. It's plenty accurate. I mean left and right is down the middle.

Offline O.L. Adcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Davey, You can't "see" paradox..The kick you see could be from tuning but it's just as likely to be something in your form, be it bow torque or release. What does it do with wide broadheads or bare shafts at 40 yards?  :)  You may not be far enough away to see your tuning problem....O.L.
---Six NAA/FITA National and World flight records.----

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
May also be caused by the hen feather hitting the shelf as the arrow passes.  Raising the nock point and/or shooting cock feather in should cure it if that's the problem.

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Davey:
If you are trying to use the same arrows in the 1/8" less than center bow as you use in the cut too center bow, they are likely too stiff. Use a lighter spine. You should not see any kick in your arrow if the spine is correct. You did not say what kind shafting you are using, if its carbon you might need more point weight or a longer shaft. If its wood just go down in spine, one or two ranges.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©