3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad shooters around Woodstock NY .  (Read 756 times)

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad shooters around Woodstock NY .
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
For the last Wild game dinner at the club , i set up a 14 blocks Muzzy type shoot and seems like people had lot of fun with it .
I asked to the club president if i could set one up of 28 blocks and told me i could try ! But before to go to far with this idea i would like to know how many of you living around the club will be interested to come and shoot . What we could do it's having 4 or 5 guests with us , shoot and try to create some small trad events at the club in the beginning , between scheduled 3D shoot !.
At the club we are 3 trad shooter , we will be so happy to see more of you and having fun !
like i said if you want to come and try it we can schedule a meeting during week end , just PM me and see what we can do .
I give you the information of the club .
  www.highwoodssc.com
Thanks you all .
 Eric .

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad shooters around Woodstock NY .
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
Eric,

That sounds like a great idea.  I believe that anyone would appreciate the great course that Highwoods has set up.  Plus, anyone that is planning to attend the muzzy shoot over the summer would enjoy the opertunity to sharpen their skills on the challenging course that you have set up.  I know that I have had a great deal of fun trying my hand at it, even though I am not that good.

I too would like to invite any and all trad shooters in the MHV to respond positively to this post so we can get together and enjoy a fun day in the woods doing what we all have become addicted to and love.

Great idea, Eric.  I certainly hope that it comes to fruition.

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
Thanks Ben , it will be great to be more trad , like at the game dinner , i was so surprised to see so many trad shooters that day ( 50 trad shooters and the rest of the time never more than 10 ) and had the opportunity to meet some of Trad Gang . For that reason i thought it could be possible to bring more people together and having fun with those blocks .
By the way Ben , have you notice the more i challenge you the better you shoot ! LOL ....
  Eric .

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
I'll be at the 3D shoot at the Highwoods Club tomorrow morning.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
That's great Brian , will be happy to meet you .
Don't forget to bring some judo points !
See you tomorrow .
 Eric .

Offline cobra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
A Muzzy course at High Woods Club!
I will be there with my trad shootin friends to have some fun and practice up.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
Hey Eric,had a good time shootin' with you last weekend.The muzzy blocks were a nice surprise...good idea.I might try and make it in the morning...what time you plan on getting there?

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Jeff , we should start around 9.00 with Jerry and more friends and will be great to shoot with you again .
 Eric .

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
Jerry , shooting with you it's great and learn so much from you !
Thanks brother !
 Eric .

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »
Good morning , have a great day and lot of shooting .
 Waiting for you all Trad Gang shooters .
 Eric .

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »
Trying to get the boys out of the rack right now!  :smileystooges:
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
It was a pleasure to meet you and the boys Brian .
 Hope you got fun with the blocks !.
Take care , see you soon .
 Eric .

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Beautiful day for a shoot guys....hope someone got pics.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
We had a great time at the shoot. Everyone at that club was super friendly. Made us feel right at home. It was a great course. Having the blocks to shoot at was really fun. I could only shoot at them for half the course because I kept breaking arrows. My kids loved it also. Great meeting everyone and, oh and by the way, the cheeseburgers were excellent!

The weasther was perfect sweatshirt weather, a little mud, but not too bad. Great day!
This is my 8 year old, Justin. He knocked this block off with his new Maddog Pup that Mike sent him.

This is him and his buddy Dakota who is an awesome shot also.

My 15 year old son, Ben, who is just a wonderful son who just worked his way back onto the High Honor Roll at school.  :clapper:  

Justin with his new Maddog!

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
Eric, it's great to see all of these responses to this post.  Hopefully, we'll be able to put something together on a regular basis for all traditional shooters in the MHV.  The more the merrier, so let's keep the responses coming.

I hope to see you all at the club for a day of traditional fun.

Ben

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
It was a pleasure talking to you yesterday Ben. You can count us in for some weekend shoots!

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Brian , Thanks a lot for those pics and Justin that's a nice shot you did on that block !. Next time i will shoot with you and the kids . Brian some of those block are challenging , cost me arrows too !...
 Ben ,it"s great to have more trad shooters to shoot with and learning from all .
 Shooting with Jerry , Jeff , Eric was a nice spent sunday .
 Tonight will order more blocks and set them up on the full course .
 Please all of you , PM Ben or me whenever you want to come and shoot , you're welcome and let's have fun !
 Sincerely ,
  Eric .

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:00 AM »
Great idea Eric, to have any and all contact us to set up a Saturday shoot.  Any Trad shooters will be welcome guests of mine or yours at the club.  

For those interested, Eric and I shoot most Saturday mornings and have a great time out in the woods either stumping or now shooting the blocks.  I'm usually there between 9:30 and 10 o'clock.  Show up and be welcome and enjoy the morning.

Offline bsigal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
Eric,

Do we have anyone, that you know of, who will be joining us tomorrow at the club.  No one has contacted me as yet.  Sure hope that someone, other than you and shime, will be joining us.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
I have to see what is happening tomorrow. My life is always pretty hectic. I'm also in the middle of refinishing some hardwood floors for a client.
But its going to be so nice! Floors...shoot, floors ...shoot, tough choice!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©